SuperTech Advanced 5W30 API SP in the 3.5L Ecoboost

I decided to give it a go. It flowed out better than the QS 5W40 European. The engine seemed to like it sounding refined. One thing I really liked was grabbing the 5qt jug and a 1qt bottle for exactly 6 qts. The price of $26 for 5 quarts is more expensive than QS.
20220926_210841.jpg
20220926_210833.jpg

I decided to give it a go. It flowed out better than the QS 5W40 European. The engine seemed to like it sounding refined. One thing I really liked was grabbing the 5qt jug and a 1qt bottle for exactly 6 qts. The price of $26 for 5 quarts is more expensive than QS. View attachment 118678View attachment 118677
Meaningless drivel...

What does "It flowed out better" mean?

How do you know "the engine liked it?" Did it give a thumbs up?

How about we all agree to keep the discussion objective and to reproducibly measurable observations and data instead of continuing the BITOG psychosis that is too prevalent here.

For its absurdly high price i'd much much rather get quaker state euro 5w-40. lspi is of no issue with its formulation.

I don't know about this making the engine sounding better. A cold 5w-30 is gonna sound nicer than a hot 5w-40 that has thinned out. Thick oils just tend to make engines quieter. I've noticed it. Started a trip with a cold engine, sounded near silent with the hood open. Popped the hood at a gas station after 2hrs of driving and you could hear all sorts of things.

I’ve got two UOAs at 10k mile intervals on the 0W-20 version of this oil in my Highlander 3.5L v6 GDI engine. Click here if you’d like to reference it. It’s perfectly fine oil.

Meaningless drivel...

How about we all agree to keep the discussion objective and to reproducibly measurable observations and data instead of continuing the BITOG psychosis that is too prevalent here.
My engine prefers (Loves) oil (any grade) that comes from a yellow container. Blue??? Not so much.

Meaningless drivel...

Also it's 5W30 ILSAC oil vs 5W40 Euro oil, at room temp the 5W30 is probably about 20% thinner, of course it'll "flow out better"

I haven’t bought Super Tech in a long time now, not sure I ever will again, as long as I can get name brand stuff at the same price or less.

Also it's 5W30 ILSAC oil vs 5W40 Euro oil, at room temp the 5W30 is probably about 20% thinner, of course it'll "flow out better"
Who says thinner flows out "better"? Just like my half-n-half compared to skim milk in my coffee, I prefer my oil thick and viscous to thin and watery - that's a much better pour IMO. :p

SuperTech is not the darling any longer the way it was when it was $15/5qt jug. (n)
It's still good oil but for $26/5qt jug, there are name brands for the same price now.

That about sums it up. Same feeling toward many Valvoline products by me as they are priced higher than Mobil 1, at times Mobil 1 EP, and Pennzoil.

I like SuperTech very much but refuse to pay for the Advanced version which is all my WalMart's carry now.
Same. The regular 10k is long gone in my store too, not paying $26 for it. I did actually buy 3 jugs of their advanced syn only because it was $19 on sale online. But for the time being Quaker state is what i'll buy.

I suspect most of us here are grown adults with enough brainpower to know the difference between subjective and objective commentary. If you dont enjoy my subjective commentary simply dont read it or place me on block. I will not be offended.

With that price might as well go with a major name brand oil. Castrol edge can be had that price of super tech . Tell walmart to kick rocks charging that price

I decided to give it a go. It flowed out better than the QS 5W40 European. The engine seemed to like it sounding refined. One thing I really liked was grabbing the 5qt jug and a 1qt bottle for exactly 6 qts. The price of $26 for 5 quarts is more expensive than QS. View attachment 118678View attachment 118677
If it's a 20,000-mile oil, then the effective price is $26/2 = $13, as the standard OCI is 10,000 miles.

Back