Supertech 5 quart $ 4.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the exact price to the penny, but I think that same jug is about 4.30 in Georgia. -Joe

[ February 07, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

What's this preoccupation with supertech?

There's very little analysis/history to tag its performance, what little exists shows it's average oil at best.

Why even $#%&&! around with it when you can get Chevron for $1/quart or Penzoil for maybe $1.50?

Furthermore, why waste the bandwidth in the forum with pricing to save someone chicken feed. You gotta be nuts to quibble about pennies per oil change when even a pick of dog crap car is worth several hundred bones and most quality vehicles many thousands on up.

What am I missing here?

Rich

quote:

Originally posted by eldawg4100:
since its so cheap, if i used dino, i would probably change it out every 1000 miles.

The way that 5w30 Supertech thinned out in a recently posted 2500 mile run, you would need to change this oil every 1k if you want it to stay in grade!

quote:

Originally posted by eldawg4100:
since its so cheap, if i used dino, i would probably change it out every 1000 miles.

You could keep Mobil 1 in there for 5000 miles and it would be cheaper than changing cheap dino every 1000 miles five times.

However, since each engine is different, the cheap dino may do o.k. in your particular application. I would verify with periodic oil analysis.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back