SuperTech 15w40 for 2003 Cummins ISX

Same as SuperTech...

Attachments

• mag-1-premium-conventional-15w-40-ck-4-heavy-duty-diesel-engine-oil-pds.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 78
It’ll work just fine. Im a fleet semi mech and our sort facilities have yard shifter trucks that move semi trailers around the lot. Those trucks use a lower output Cummins 5.9 or 6.7. All the 5.9’s have been scrapped by now. Those engine have oil changes by hours and typically go 25k sometimes 30k hours before they get tired using bulk 15W40 conventional. We were using Chevron.

Want to know if SuperTech 15w40
Is a good oil for a 2003 Cummins ISX? OCI’s done at 10k.

I think ST is a good oil but if you are willing to deal with rebates I think you can get better deals that what WM sells ST for... Rotella, Valvoline, Mobil, Mystik most all major manufacturers offer rebates at some point throughout the year.

Just my $0.02

It would not bother me. I'm using its brother Kirkland at 10k + on my 6.7 and at 100 hours in my a2300t. A2300t is a Cummins, Onan 2.3l industrial engine.

Your answer is in the thread already. It meets the approvals that cummins requires.
Meeting an approval doesn’t mean that they’re all the same. Objectively some oils could do better in some areas than other, due to some aspects of the basestocks, additives, etc.

How much does it really matter? We may never know.

Meeting an approval doesn’t mean that they’re all the same. Objectively some oils could do better in some areas than other, due to some aspects of the basestocks, additives, etc.

How much does it really matter? We may never know.
Right, I was responding because it was a question that cannot be answered easily. It's really just opinion at this point because we don't have the needed data, so approvals are all we can go on.

Back