Supertech 0w20 shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Walmart I've been to lately has been fresh out of 0w20 and even the website doesn't show 0w20 anymore. (only high mileage 0w20)

Are they possibly going through a transition to HiMi only? Or new bottle/formula coming soon?

The average car on the road is what, 13 years old? You'd think the shortage would come from 5w20 or 5w30.

That Costco oil might have caused allocation changes in more than one supply chain.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Costco on-line for Kirkland 0w20. Took awhile to be delivered.

In the store it's only $24 for the two jugs. Online it's $30. So I was naturally disappointed when they only had 5w30 in the stores. What year is it? 1997

Sorry OP.. I've been hoarding it....‚

Originally Posted by PimTac
Go for the Havoline Pro DS

+1..but maybe the .03c/qt price difference is too much to bear?🤔

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
That Costco oil might have caused allocation changes in more than one supply chain.

That's what I was thinking. When Costco purchases, they purchase big!!

Hats-off to Warren. They are selling more oil than ever before. Getting that Costco contract was huge for them.
Smart business people in their offices, in regards to company / product expansion.

All those newer GM pickup truck owners coming in to buy 8 qt. of it that Walmart wasn't anticipating.

Two enablers IMO …
1.) 3 or 4 base oil producers can make Dexos specs with GII+/other blends.
2.) US does not tightly control the use of "synthetic" on labels.

Originally Posted by NH73
All those newer GM pickup truck owners coming in to buy 8 qt. of it that Walmart wasn't anticipating.

Yeah, gallon jugs would be perfect for me.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
The average car on the road is what, 13 years old? You'd think the shortage would come from 5w20 or 5w30.
The amount of vehicles coming unto our roads that require 0w20 is increasing, while 5w20/5w30 are plateau off or decreasing. Because of that, Walmart may not have correctly anticipated the demand for 0w20.

Brickseek shows all Walmart stores around me stocked well in ST 0w-20. Which is good, I service a couple 0w-20 vehicles for friends. And I'm almost out of VME 0w-20.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

Not if everything's back spec'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back