SuperSyn is here in Canada!! At least in T.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Canadians, M1 SuperSyn is here. At least in Toronto from my knowledge. I dropped by Canadian Tire and found 1L SuperSyn bottles in the same Tri-Syn spot. The price is the same at $6.99. I asked the parts manager and he said 4L is not in yet but soon. Patman and fellow M1 users, head down to Canadian Tire and pick-up your SuperSyn.
smile.gif

Argh!! I was just at Crappy Tire earlier tonight and no sign of 'em. I'm going to Wal-Mart tomorrow, maybe they'll have them there.

Regards,

Oz

On Saturday mornings I always go to Walmart and CT, so I'll have to check a few locations until I find some! Although if PRRPLL is going to send me the free Royal Purple he promised, I will run that in my wife's Honda, so it will be a while before I buy any SuperSyn.

It's nice to know it's finally here!

fruit.gif

I talked to my friend that works at head office and he told me that SuperSyn is here in Canadian Tire Warehouses. Depends on how fast each store runs out of Tri-Syn. The store I found the SuperSyn was in Scarborough. Wal-Mart sells all fluids cheaper then CT that is for sure as Patman has stated. Quebec will probably get SuperSyn later on as Ontario especially Toronto gets the new products first.

One thing I wonder is if the first batches of SuperSyn in Ontario will be without moly like the first batches in the US? Or is all of that bad oil now gone, and Ontario is getting the latest stuff out of Virginia?

I looked in one Walmart and two different Canadian Tires and found none.
frown.gif

I also peeked through the oil racks to see what stock they had waiting behind there, and there were only cases of TriSynthetic, no SuperSyn.

I'm gonna wait to buy it anyways, in case I end up getting that Royal Purple. And if I don't get it, I'll still wait since I want to buy it in the 4L jugs, it makes it easier to collect the used oil that way (I've run out of empty windshield washer jugs to catch the old oil)

Also, Walmart sells the jugs for cheaper than CT, and the single bottles too. So if you can wait, wait for a Walmart to have it in stock.

No chance of that. I bet as soon as SuperSyn makes it into Walmart they will raise the price. I know it happened in the US. How did the stores deal with that though? Did they raise the price of old TriSynthetic stock too? Or did they sell each for a different price until the TriSynthetic ran out? Can you guys in the US find TriSynthetic anywhere still?

BTW, I checked one more CT today and still couldn't find it. Their stock in the back was still TriSynth as well.

[ September 08, 2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Patman, saw SS M-1 at CN Tire at Mavis/Britania...but only in 10-30 and 15-50...$6.99. At Wal-Mart on W.Churchill...saw a single bottle of 0-40 Tri-syth...go figure...wonder how that bottle ever got on the shelf?

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
I was hoping the CT and Walmart would put the TriSyn on sale to make room for the SuperSyn.. hehe..
grin.gif

Well Walmart has been selling the 5L Tri-synth. jugs for the same price as the 4L jugs.

BTW, I went to my local WalMart on the weekend, and no sign of SuperSyn...and no sign of DELVAC 1....ARRRRRGGGHHHH
mad.gif
Had to settle for Havoline 5W40. Anyway, I'll keep monitoring both stores and see if they refill the stock or let it all disappear before selling SS.

Regards,

Oz

Patman, you just have to keep looking at the Wal-Mart's and CT stores. As stock is being turned over the SuperSyn will roll in. I don't think CT or Wal-Mart will raise the prices. It's already high enough, if they sell it at $7.99/bottle then people will be very unhappy. Don't forget, If Mobil 1 goes up in price so will Castrol, Q-state, Pennzoil, and Valvoline Synthetics. Not really use to seeing 10W30 as high mileage engine oil. I know people will start to question when they see the new SS. People might even start to use 5W30 more because of the marketing M1 is putting on the 10W30 as high mileage.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Patman, saw SS M-1 at CN Tire at Mavis/Britania...but only in 10-30 and 15-50...$6.99. At Wal-Mart on W.Churchill...saw a single bottle of 0-40 Tri-syth...go figure...wonder how that bottle ever got on the shelf?

The funny thing is, the closest CT to my house is the Mavis/Britannia one as I'm near Mavis/Derry. But I checked a bunch of other CTs and not that one!
pat.gif

I usually visit the Winston Churchill Walmart too, but this weekend I went to the one on Airport Road instead. Funny how the two closest stores to my house had this stuff and I didn't even look there!

I didn't even realize you lived so close to me!

I hope they start selling the 0w40 up here, it sounds like a good oil for the LS1 guys I know that burn oil with 5w30 and 10w30.

[ September 09, 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

The 0w40 Mobil 1 does look like a good oil, but it's not sold up here, and I am sticking with Schaeffer Supreme 7000 10w30 for a while anyways.

Patman, told you I saw a liter of 0-40 at W.Churchill Wal-Mart....maybe they're starting to carry it now. Otherwise, I previously bought a case from Esso Canada (Rexdale - BTW this is where I got M-1 gear oil too) or it's available at Porsche dealerships (but at $8-9/L).

I know you saw that one bottle of 0w40, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be a regular thing at all stores.

My plan is still to run Royal Purple in my wife's car, as they are sending me that free oil. So the SuperSyn will only be going in my mom's 94 Probe GT to test out now. My dad's 2001 QX4 will also run it, but I won't be able to analyze it as he always gets his oil done at the dealer.

[ September 10, 2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
No chance of that. I bet as soon as SuperSyn makes it into Walmart they will raise the price. I know it happened in the US.

I noticed that when the SuperSyn first came out, the price at Wal Mart jumped from the low $4.xx to $4.97 per qt. Now, I've noticed at a few Wal Mart's, the price is coming down. At one, the 10w30 is $3.88 and the 5w30 and 15w50 are $4.08 per quart. At another, all three grades are $3.78 per qt. Yet at a third (there are 6 Wal Mart stores within a 10 mi radius from my work), all three grades are still $4.97 per quart. I have never seen 0w40 anywhere other than AutoZone (at $4.99 per qt). Wal Mart may also carry 0w30, but I have absolutely no interest in that grade.

[ September 10, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Chris A ]

quote:

What's wrong with M1 0W30? From this board I understand it beats the crap out of M1 5W30 and other 5W30 oils.

It's the 0W40 that beats the... well, you know. The problem is that it is not available at Wal-Mart in those cheap 5 quart containers. It is available at Autozone for $5 qt, and that is what I am running at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back