Supermoon 11/14/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of shots taken last night and this morning...

DSC_6326.jpg

DSC_6336.jpg

DSC_6353.jpg

I checked out the supermoon both nights and was disappointed...even when it was closer to the horizon last night, it didn't look special to me!

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I checked out the supermoon both nights and was disappointed...even when it was closer to the horizon last night, it didn't look special to me!

Same here.

Nice
smile.gif

We chased that moon last night. Was slow to come up in the hills nearby. Finally got it out on the flat. By that time it had lost horizon effects. But still big and bright with lots of details
smile.gif

Just enough moisture in the air here last night that all the pic's are with a hazy corona
frown.gif

Will be raining tonight, so that's it for us ...

Last edited:
It's somewhat interesting as far as viewing with the naked eye goes. Through a camera lens, binoculars, or telescope? You can get as good a view anytime, often better, since you can choose the time and place to achieve a clear shot.

The hype is overblown ... it was perceptibly as big last month, and will be again next month ... but to be honest it's welcome, because the newscasters really do need something else to talk about besides ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back