Supercharged 4.6, oil recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 96 Tbird with a vortech supercharged 4.6L 99 Mustang GT motor, and ported heads, etc, etc.

The car is only in service in the hot summer, so cold weather starts is a non issue.

I am not going to run 5w30 or 5w20 in this motor.

The previous owner went with a 10w30 mobil 1, but I thought that was a little too thin.

I sent a sample to blackstone just now, and I changed the oil to 4 quarts of mobil1 10w30, and 1.5 quarts of mobil1 15w50.

The car is driven hard on the street and is a toy pretty much. It sees pretty much zero time on a track though.

Thanks,
Justin

I dont see any issues with the Mobil1 10w-30 weight , it'd be interesting to see the UOA results, I bet they will be good results. Its a stable oil viscosity.

If you want to go thicker try the Mobil1 SUV formula or the Mobil1 Delvac to get a 40 weight.

I'd also recommend going with something like Redline's 5w-40 or 10w-40 weight, I'd like to see how that compares to your Mobil1 sample. This oil is a lot more money than the Mobil1 though, not sure if you'd see a whole lot of difference for the extra cost. Depends on how much you're willing to spend.

good luck , let us know the UOA results when you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back