superbike oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
any good recommendations for a superbike? [i have a zx-14]..rotella t6 5w40 seems to be one..motul 7100 and e-tech 10w40..

How much you want to spend? Im putting out 180 rwhp on my "superbike" and I have been using dino HDEO iwth 1500-2000 OCI's no probs.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
Im putting out 180 rwhp on my "superbike" and I have been using dino HDEO iwth 1500-2000 OCI's no probs.

What kind of a beast do you have there?
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Im putting out 180 rwhp on my "superbike" and I have been using dino HDEO iwth 1500-2000 OCI's no probs.

What kind of a beast do you have there?
shocked2.gif

A '08 Suzuki B-King (gen 2 Hayabusa engine) with some exhaust/air/fuel mods and dyno tuned.

A '08 Suzuki B-King (gen 2 Hayabusa engine) with some exhaust/air/fuel mods and dyno tuned.

I once had a Suzuki GS1000E with a Kerker 4 into 1, and 2 different GS1100Es with Yoshimura 4 into 1 exhausts. I guess I was getting around 120 HP with the jetted 1100E. Fastest bikes I ever owned.
thumbsup2.gif

Bike I have now is just 75 HP but powerful enough for this 59 year old.

that's pretty much what it comes down to,best bang for the buck..motul is highly spoken of at the bike shops around here,commands a higher price too..

Any of the Rotella T XX-w40 blends would hold up fine with reasonable OCI's (2k - 3k max) - no need to spend more money.

Last edited:
i get my money's worth as far as the performance of the zx-14 is concerned..i usually do a 2000 mi. oci..kinda conservative..i'm considering m1 vtwin 20w-50,rotella t 15w-40 or 5w-40 t6..also amsoil 20w-50..motul is good but premium priced.this bike is known to run on the warm side,hot in traffic..socal's climate and the aforementioned is why 20w-50 might be the choice.

2000 mi oci is a good starting place, unless its a common practice on 14'S to run 50 wt, id be leary... whats you book say ? I do track days and mixed street cruising/ back road scratching and 1,200mi is when i start thinking about the oil if ive been very hard on it. it all depends on the abuse ive put it through durring the oci, for a inline four i prefer

Amsoil
mobil 1 4t
motul 4t
all 40 wt's andi know there's plenty of other good ones, i just have experience with these.

if its been a mostly street, some back road scratching oci.. 2000-2500 is the most i like to go (but some of my backroad antics are somewhat compareable to trackdays.. so the normal max
is 2000mi.
i HAVE blown a inline four on honda gn4 40wt.. im a pretty firm believer in higher quality oil now..

i agree 40wt.syn.2000 mi oci for my application..20w-50 although ok to use 32-104* plus according to manual might actually produce more heat due to more viscous fluid..besides i usually do not ride in 100* temps,but i do love the desert..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back