Super Tech Synthetic 5w30, 10,855 on oil, 2015 F150 2.7L EcoBoost @ 126,584 miles

I wonder how much residual Amsoil was left in the motor as the calcium level seem 300ppm higher than expected for used ST synthetic. I'm used to seeing around 1350ppm new

I'm curious to see if this level drops any on a follow-up analysis if the same oil was used

Last edited:
Dang... Considering the cost difference between this and the Amsoil I'd say the Supertech did very well.
Actually considering that Blackstone themselves have stated there is no statistically significant difference in UOA wear metals between any appropriately rated oil I'm not really surprised.

but but but that's impossible and it will sludge a single turbo gdi n55 bmw straight 6 if you run it for 6-7k mile or 10-12k kilometer intervals.... lmao.

And thank you for the uoa. I switched out of supertech not because it was bad but because i wanted a slighly thicker oil so i went to delvac then QS euro. If Walmart were to come to their senses and make a synthetic 40 id buy it if i find its value proposition better than delvac or qs euro.

And thank you for the uoa. I switched out of supertech not because it was bad but because i wanted a slighly thicker oil so i went to delvac then QS euro. If Walmart were to come to their senses and make a synthetic 40 id buy it if i find its value proposition better than delvac or qs euro.
ST does come in a 40. I've seen the posts from Canada showing it.

In synthetic? I've only seen the conventional and now syn blend "all mile" but no full syn.
1623107712536.jpg

the second i saw that i instantly had to look it up. man why cant we get stuff like this down here.

It's not that great of an offering. A very low price but lots and lots of weasel-wording with approvals and licenses. It also shows out of stock on walmart.ca, maybe it isn't even available anymore?
yeah but even if it didn't have those approvals i initially just wanted a cheap synthetic 40 to switch to as the 30 in my then nearing 300k engine wasn't sufficing so a synthetic 10w-40 with just an api rating would've been fine for me. Didn't exist so delvac super was suitable then Quaker state euro came and now I'm on that. but if supertech had even a basic 10w-40 synthetic at $15 i would've gotten it.

yeah but even if it didn't have those approvals i initially just wanted a cheap synthetic 40 to switch to as the 30 in my then nearing 300k engine wasn't sufficing so a synthetic 10w-40 with just an api rating would've been fine for me. Didn't exist so delvac super was suitable then Quaker state euro came and now I'm on that. but if supertech had even a basic 10w-40 synthetic at $15 i would've gotten it.
The Quaker State Euro is a better choice anyway with proven performance.

Back