Super Tech Oil Filter Media Material ?

Or find an OG Ultra or Titanium and run it THREE 7500 mile OCIs, or two 10K ones! If you can find one... I've considered the 10K ST filter, but I would have to have proof it's better than an Extra Guard/orange can-so far I haven't seen anything to indicate the ST is any better.

Depends if the efficiency is a factor. If you want the efficiency, then run the Ultra 2x 5K OCIs.
Good points - running Fram Ultra oil filters with synthetic 5W30 and severe duty OCI's may be a contributing factor why my Hyundai 2.4L GDI engine hasn't "grenaded" itself yet .

I haven't tried these latest versions of Walmart SuperTech Filters yet but I plan on doing so in the future especially on my Firebird since it is the same as the AC Delco Filter. In some of my applications, ONLY the 20K filter part# is available when I would actually like to grab the 10K.

Last edited:
I haven't tried these latest versions of Walmart SuperTech Filters yet but I plan on doing so in the future especially on my Firebird since it is the same as the AC Delco Filter. In some of my applications, ONLY the 20K filter part# is available when I would actually like to grab the 10K.
I'd like the grab the 99 % plus one at 20 microns!

And remind me again what’s the efficiency on the AC Delco filter? 98% at 25-30 microns? One could make the argument that the Supertech filter is better.
ST 20K IS better, silicone ADBV vs. AC Delco’s nitrile one. The AC Delco is no better than standard ST or Champ, at 2-3X the price.

Or find an OG Ultra or Titanium and run it THREE 7500 mile OCIs, or two 10K ones! If you can find one... I've considered the 10K ST filter, but I would have to have proof it's better than an Extra Guard/orange can-so far I haven't seen anything to indicate the ST is any better.
*ST metal end caps ?

Changed a cruze 1.4 turbo ST 20K mile filter this weekend, filter came out in almost perfect condition, very sturdy looking at 5k oci compared to what use to be used when dealer changed the oil, plan to do a 5k oci again and reuse filter for a full 10k

Last edited:
Has anyone ever looked at the various oil filter media under a microscope? I'd think that'd be a very good way to see the differences in the various filter media.
I can send it to our lab for examination if people are serious about seeing the actual media under magnification...just let me know. You'd have to help me get a sample though.

Back