Super Tech now $2.67?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm the proud new owner of 3 super tech 3980 e-core filters.

grabbed them at wal-mart in buffalo on my way back from florida last weekend. i will use them for my company delivery van, a 97' gmc safari (aka chevy astro). i figure this car runs 5-6k oci's so its more than enough filter for that kind of oci. and i got mine at 2.44 not 2.67
smile.gif

OK, Guess I will add to this... If I was to buy bulk filters for the money.. Would i go with the wix pn1036 or the champion equivalent? Or napa Proselect? I service several GM products that use this filter I buy 24 -36 filters at a time.

I want a good filter for the money, dont like putting junk on, but even @ wholesale filters from wix are expensive.
Any thoughts

Ask the area manager at Wal-mart if you can order a case.
Advance Auto Parts SureGrip(Purolator) is $2.88 regularly, occasionally on sale BOGO.
I'm sure you can order a case from Advance.

Hmmm ...Allan_G ....G. Allan ....NWPA ..SEPA
confused.gif
Looks like a polarity issue to me.
laugh.gif

Allan, I'd probably weigh the costs in investment in such bulk purchases. How fast do you burn through these filters? In my life, even having 24 filters on hand would be probably exceeding the likelihood of having vehicles long enough to use them up ..at least on one part number.

Is this a small fleet that you're maintaining? Are there relatively short OCI's involved on all the players? If so, the value lines should work well for you. If not, then you've got some mega milers burning through the filters and you could probably offset the cost of a better filter with leaving it on for every other OCI. I don't see you getting too many top tier filters for less than fleet filter can deliver them to you for.

Have you contacted Bryan or Brian with your specific count bulk order? You may trip the threshold for a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back