Super tech in Honda j series?

Anyone using/used st in a j series? I am looking at it for my passport and another j series I maintain. Oci is 5-7.5k. Looking at this and magnatec. Both in 0w20. Just looking for good solid performance, ease of obtaining, and not fooling with rebates.
Thanks.

Is the 5-7.5k OCI the one suggested by the minder?
We had an '05 with the same engine and it always went 6500+. Our son has a '12 Accord with the same engine but he changes his ~5000 miles though the MM shows it would go a good bit longer.

Anyone using/used st in a j series?
Use it. It's a perfectly good oil and Hondas really don't care much about "specs". It probably specs "API SN" in the manual but that same engine has been around since the early 2000s and the oil it "requires" really shouldn't change. Honda just tries to stay fairly current with API's current spec or at least the previous one.

There is nothing wrong with using Walmart Super Tech in your Honda :)

Another good oil is Napa Synthetic, on sale this month for $3.39/qt. It is Valvoline

Is the 5-7.5k OCI the one suggested by the minder?

I think the mm will be between 5 and 7.5k based on fellow owners.
My driving is pretty easy. 80 percent highway.

Anyone using/used st in a j series? I am looking at it for my passport and another j series I maintain. Oci is 5-7.5k. Looking at this and magnatec. Both in 0w20. Just looking for good solid performance, ease of obtaining, and not fooling with rebates.
Thanks.

Brothers friend uses it in his and his gf’s J series engines. Goes 5K on ST Syn HM

Non-VCM motor, won't care, change at 7500 or per OLM. VCM Motor - Shorten up the oil changes a little and keep tabs on usage. This really applies to almost any oil , not just ST.

Non-VCM motor, won't care, change at 7500 or per OLM. VCM Motor - Shorten up the oil changes a little and keep tabs on usage. This really applies to almost any oil , not just ST.
Passport is VCM motor. I would only use a premium synthetic and 5K intervals.

Passport is VCM motor. I would only use a premium synthetic and 5K intervals.
It is but at least the latest vcm which seems much better than the past iterations. I’m going with magnatec at 5k intervals. I think this will serve me well. May try vanilla M1 as well.

It is but at least the latest vcm which seems much better than the past iterations. I’m going with magnatec at 5k intervals. I think this will serve me well. May try vanilla M1 as well.
I think that's what we can hope, but only time will tell.

Brothers friend uses it in his and his gf’s J series engines. Goes 5K on ST Syn HM

ST Synthetic imagine if you will LOL

twilight zone.jpg

Back