Super Dog Drive In

Saturday night and the gang was always going make an appearance at the Super Dog. Hot rods of all sorts. Outlaws on their Harleys It was like straight out of 'American Graffiti'. Car hops hooking our burger and fries on a rolled down window. This place is a legend and old as me. I wasted too much time there. The food was cheap, girls cute and early rock music loud. If you are old enough to remember this,

What you doing this Saturday night?

1617488996701.png

Have one near work. See it every day. I've been there once. Dogs are boiled so it tasted like salty water and the fries are little pieces of potato not measuring more than 2" in length. Dog and fries box was over $7.

I grew-up/lived about 2 miles from there. Enjoy, but I’d be happy to recommend better!

That's nuts !!! I lived on Milwaukee Ave and imlay in front of the CTA bus turnaround back in 2000-2001 !! 20 years ago now........Sheesh

Never really was a fan of superdawg. I'm a Gene and Jude's man WITH Ketchup :ROFLMAO: 😜 😜

Dave

Superdawg was in my old stomping grounds.
Tried it once. Was OK.
Was always a Jean & Jude's man. No ketchup in the building.

Same with me !! Whenever I'm in Chicago I stop by a EVERY day to grab me 2 "doubles" and I make sure I have packets of ketchup with me lol
😜(y):cool:

Good "Dogs" are something IMPOSSIBLE to find here in Dallas :confused:

Dave

That's nuts !!! I lived on Milwaukee Ave and imlay in front of the CTA bus turnaround back in 2000-2001 !! 20 years ago now........Sheesh

Never really was a fan of superdawg. I'm a Gene and Jude's man WITH Ketchup :ROFLMAO: 😜 😜

Dave

YES! Gene and Jude's is my go to! I lived on Elston & Central, in the Indian Woods community. I was born on Skokie, basically Touhy & Edens expressway..

Small world.

Not too many drive-ins around here these days. Maybe just Sonic, but that's a national chain. There is Mel's Drive-In in San Francisco, although one location isn't really a drive-in. It also used to be much larger chain but fell on hard times. One location in San Francisco was actually the filming location for American Graffiti. Apparently George Lucas liked the location because it had trees that could block out all the buildings. It's been long gone though.

There was some drive-in burger place in the Seattle area.

Superdawg was in my old stomping grounds.
Tried it once. Was OK.
Was always a Jean & Jude's man. No ketchup in the building.
Ditto on Gene & Jude's. Superdawg is a landmark for sure and a must go and try place.
But Gene & Jude's won a nationwide hot dog contest. I live nearby, and LOVE them.
Two doubles and a tamale are my typical order. And the greasy fries are AWESOME :)

Back