Super blend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he does admit his testing in not scientific. I like the entertainment value just like Scotty Kilmer videos. Take in context.

That blackstone report was pretty interesting. Would have liked to see it without the engine restore stuff he used before hand. Good reports however from both.

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
Well he does admit his testing in not scientific. I like the entertainment value just like Scotty Kilmer videos. Take in context.

I agree,
He even states at in conclusion, he does not recommend mixing. He even went through the extra step of getting it analyzed alongside Amazon Basics, each coming from the same vehicle.

He never comes across as pompous, arrogant or a know it all. Just a guy running shadetree tests as requested by his viewers. Simple, and of story.

All of which runs counter to some other YouTube celebrities.

Originally Posted by wemay

I agree

I do to, to an extent. These oil ones lately I have not watched. Stuff I already know.
I watched his screw and nail ones, and a lot of his older ones with mower engines with different lubes were interesting.

Originally Posted by JennyPenny90
I think it's more along the lines of, can you mix different blends and viscosity. And the answer is yes?

I mix my own custom blend of oils

1qt 0w30 mobil1 and 5qt 5w30 mobil1 EP

Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
I mix my own custom blend of oils

1qt 0w30 mobil1 and 5qt 5w30 mobil1 EP

Of course you do. Can you tell us what this gets you exactly?

I can't wait.

I recently mixed 2 quarts of Mobil 1 HM 10w-30 with a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 HM 10w-30 for my Hemi, and it loved it! So much so, I plan on doing it exactly the same for the next OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
I recently mixed 2 quarts of Mobil 1 HM 10w-30 with a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 HM 10w-30 for my Hemi, and it loved it! So much so, I plan on doing it exactly the same for the next OCI.

You mad scientist, you!!

L8R,
Matt

How did the engine let you know that it was in love with your mix ?

Originally Posted by Shannow

How did the engine let you know that it was in love with your mix ?

It purrs like a kitten, err, no, A TIGER! That's it, it purrs like a tiger with M1 HM 10w-30 coursing through its veins.

That's as close as it can get to whispering sweet nothings in my ear like my wife does when she wants to let me know she's in love, so that's how I know it is in love too...in love with my special 'mixture' of engine oils, that is.

I could care less, it's entertainment....good for him for finding a way to monetize YouTube. Quite frankly, I'm jealous.

I agree,
He even states at in conclusion, he does not recommend mixing. He even went through the extra step of getting it analyzed alongside Amazon Basics, each coming from the same vehicle.

He never comes across as pompous, arrogant or a know it all. Just a guy running shadetree tests as requested by his viewers. Simple, and of story.

All of which runs counter to some other YouTube celebrities.

+1. I like him. I cannot take much of Scotty.

Agreed, also note his disclaimer:

"This video is only for entertainment purposes. If you rely on the information portrayed in this video, you assume the responsibility for the results. Project Farm LLC"

At least the whole "NEVER MIX OILS OR YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR ENGINE!!!!!!!" Old Wive's Tales are finally dying off....

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I could care less, it's entertainment....good for him for finding a way to monetize YouTube. Quite frankly, I'm jealous.

That's how I see it. Entertaining with an occasional tidbit of useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back