SUPCO Oil additive

far as bitog is concerned i am surprised that nobody has done a uoa on this after running it in their fridge.

shopping

As someone that does a lot of refrigeration work I thought about getting some once upon a time. Ive just never needed any though. I know some of the old timers would add it to the system if the compressor was acting up to try and get some more life out of it. The older systems running mineral oil would get carbon build up on the valves if they had run hot for awhile and the valves wouldn't seal good. Adding supco 88 would clean them up Ive heard. Also seem to recall someone saying all it was is kerosene but maybe I am thinking of something else.

As someone that does a lot of refrigeration work I thought about getting some once upon a time. Ive just never needed any though. I know some of the old timers would add it to the system if the compressor was acting up to try and get some more life out of it. The older systems running mineral oil would get carbon build up on the valves if they had run hot for awhile and the valves wouldn't seal good. Adding supco 88 would clean them up Ive heard. Also seem to recall someone saying all it was is kerosene but maybe I am thinking of something else.

There's definitely a lot of kerosene in it, and an anti-oxidant.

Kerosene is also often used in fuel injector cleaners

There's definitely a lot of kerosene in it, and an anti-oxidant.

Kerosene is also often used in fuel injector cleaners
I remember in the OLD days of people putting in around a quart in the oil and then driving a few miles then drain the engine oil and filter and add new motor oil....It was to remove gunk and sludge from the engine...

Back