Sunoco Ultra Full-Synthetic opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of us do, I'm always researching oils for my car and truck. I'm looking at different oils for my 2013 F-150 with the 5.0. Owner's manual calls for 5W-20 synthetic blend. My research found me many options, on top of the Motorcraft blend I've been using. My truck has a little over 50,000 miles on her. I came across Sunoco's Ultra Full-Synthetic and Ultra Synthetic Blend oils. I can get a case locally at a great price. Anyone offer input on the Sunoco line of oils? I have been doing 7500 mile OCI with the Motorcraft oil filter. Thanks!

I learned on here Sunoco Ultra is made by Valvoline.. So it is a very well made oil.

I ran Sunoco Ultra in my Altima 3.5 and was very pleased. This is an old that i would gladly run again. If you can get it at a very good price... Go for it man. You will be in good shape with this oil.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I learned on here Sunoco Ultra is made by Valvoline.. So it is a very well made oil.

I ran Sunoco Ultra in my Altima 3.5 and was very pleased. This is an old that i would gladly run again. If you can get it at a very good price... Go for it man. You will be in good shape with this oil.

Thanks, bbhero. I can get a case of 12 for $27.

This is the second time I have seen it mentioned that Sunoco Ultra Full-Syn is blended by Valvoline. I've researched and have been unable to find any documentation supporting that. I will admit that a VOA of Sunoco Ultra premium looks like it could potentially be a Valvoline product, but I can't say the same about Ultra Full Syn. If anyone has any links to pages or documents on the subject, please share.

TIA

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
This is the second time I have seen it mentioned that Sunoco Ultra Full-Syn is blended by Valvoline. I've researched and have been unable to find any documentation supporting that. I will admit that a VOA of Sunoco Ultra premium looks like it could potentially be a Valvoline product, but I can't say the same about Ultra Full Syn. If anyone has any links to pages or documents on the subject, please share.

TIA

According to my dealer...who just switched from Valvoline to Sunoco Synthetic...they are two entirely different products from two entirely different companies...I mentioned about the "rumors" about this thread and some posts...and the service manager emphatically called it "urban legend" and not fact...

TIA

In the other Sunoco thread, a poster says they used Valvoline’s SDS search function, typed in Sunoco and it popped up.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

TIA

In the other Sunoco thread, a poster says they used Valvoline’s SDS search function, typed in Sunoco and it popped up.

No joy. Yet Mobil One 0W30 and 0W40 do show up as Valvoline products. https://sds.valvoline.com/valvoline-sds/sds/materialSearch.faces

If the base oil is-indeed from Valvoline, I wonder if this Sunoco Ultra supplier is the same as the NAPA Synthetic supplier, which is repackaged Valvoline Synthetic base oil.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

TIA

No joy. Yet Mobil One 0W30 and 0W40 do show up as Valvoline products. https://sds.valvoline.com/valvoline-sds/sds/materialSearch.faces

If Valvoline is making Mobil 1 products, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be overwhelming here on BITOG.

I’m guessing this SDS page gives access to all brands and not just Valvoline? The truth is out there somewhere.

TIA

If Valvoline is making Mobil 1 products, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be overwhelming here on BITOG.

I’m guessing this SDS page gives access to all brands and not just Valvoline? The truth is out there somewhere.

It does not give access to all brands. If you type in Pennzoil you get nothing, if you type in Havoline you get nothing. The description for their SDS site clearly states SDS for Valvoline products. It could well be that ExxonMobil uses Valvoline as a back-up blender for certain products.

That's a very good deal. Is that from PSC?? Petroleum Service Company?

Yes, it is. They are a few miles from my girlfriend's house and her dad knows the owner well. Can't beat that combination.

TIA

Don't gnash teeth, bad for gums. Wear mouth piece.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Thunderbolt
As many of us do, I'm always researching oils for my car and truck. I'm looking at different oils for my 2013 F-150 with the 5.0. Owner's manual calls for 5W-20 synthetic blend. My research found me many options, on top of the Motorcraft blend I've been using. My truck has a little over 50,000 miles on her. I came across Sunoco's Ultra Full-Synthetic and Ultra Synthetic Blend oils. I can get a case locally at a great price. Anyone offer input on the Sunoco line of oils? I have been doing 7500 mile OCI with the Motorcraft oil filter. Thanks!

There's another thread on this topic...good info there:

Sunoco Synthetic Oil

Last edited:

TIA

I have no doubt Valvoline blends for XOM. Motor oil has become a commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back