Sunoco Ulta Synthetic Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree
smile.gif

I just posted a question regarding the Sunoco Ultra Synthetic not realizing this post already existed. Definitely a lot of good and positive information here. Think I'm going to give the Sunoco a try next oil change in the F-150.

Yeah....some good info provided to my original question where the dealer changed brands...some very-informed posters here.

Originally Posted By: wemay
VOA further illustrates how most oils meeting d1G2 are more similar than different so far as visible additives is concerned.

Looks like your dealership is using quality syn.

I think that's the key factor regardless of brand. Sunoco Ultra Synthetic is among a list of quality oils that protect & clean well. For today's engines and warranties, manufacturers likely influence a short list of "recommended" oils to their dealer base.

My original concern was that I wasn't familiar with the oil itself...upon more research...my concerns are gone.

I got some additional details on Sunoco Ultra Synthetic Motor Oil:

Sunoco Ultra Full Synthetic 0W-20 ILSAG GF-5 Engine Oils are specially formulated using synthetic base oils and high performance additive packages to provide superior performance benefits over conventional engine oils. These oils are formulated for excellent oxidation stability for long product life, superior low-temperature properties to insure protection during cold starts, lower volatility for reduced oil consumption, and excellent resistance to viscosity breakdown.

These products are designed to meet the most demanding lubrication requirements of today's naturally aspirated, turbo-charged and super-charged gasoline fueled and flex-fueled engines.
It is recommended for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) such as Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and others for some hybrid vehicle applications and a limited number of low temperature applications.

Specifications
API SN, SM, SL, SJ
ILSAC GF-5, ACEA 5

[Note: The specifications are nearly identical to PENNZOIL PLATINUM FULL SYNTHETIC 0W-20]

Now that I got all this information, I am glad that my dealer uses this oil in my 2018 2.0Turbo Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

Interesting...took my wife's car into another manufacturer dealership...they too have switched to Sunoco Ultra Synthetic 0W-20.

WOW - now we have the same oil.
laugh.gif

Hey bros, ghies, I got a Sunoco down the street but I havent been in a while, wonder if they stock this goo there. Would be a macabre seen if I went just for that though.

Originally Posted By: nike360baller
Hey bros, ghies, I got a Sunoco down the street but I havent been in a while, wonder if they stock this goo there. Would be a macabre seen if I went just for that though.

Hmmm...

In both cases where we now have this oil featured at our dealerships...they buy it by the barrel/drum...not the bottle...so seeing it sold by the bottle there would be interesting.

Nothing wrong with Sunoco. Their gas is now Top Tier, as well. My local Sunoco station also has ethanol free gas for my toys. I run it occasionally in my 08 Jeep 3.8, too, when I'm feeling spendy. It just runs better on it.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan

Nothing wrong with Sunoco. Their gas is now Top Tier, as well. My local Sunoco station also has ethanol free gas for my toys. I run it occasionally in my 08 Jeep 3.8, too, when I'm feeling spendy. It just runs better on it.

Thanks for that info. Good to know.

This site is great - and the oil experts are just that - experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back