Sun Joe Pole Saw-Electric

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I had a ton of pesky trees to trim.
Some with branches hanging over my roof and a neighbor who years earlier planted trees along my driveway but actually on my property instead. I was not the homeowner then however.

I figured this would be a turd. I got it on sale at $65 shipped. I went with the dreadful cord model... Why?
Most rechargeable models lasted only 15 to 20 minutes on a 40 volt battery. And are pricey.

I have some heavy 100 foot electric cords already. It took less than 5 minutes to assemble. Takes very little chain oil...a few ounces.

Yesterday I made over 150 cuts with it and it required no adjustments.
Never really got hot and the chain was and is still sharp. I can't believe how nice this is.

I did straight cuts on long branches often from a 10 foot stepladder and this is better than a chainsaw as when the big branches fell I recut them never bending down.

I did tremendous carnage and the only bad thing was picking the branches up and tossing them.

I have much more to do and this thing was a real surprise for a inexpensive tool. I cut down many small trees with one cut at the trunk.

When we get into winter I have 1\8 th acre of sticker bushes to cut that grew back. This allowed me to do some 20 foot high cuts.

I figured after the first day this thing would be ready for the dumpster.
The only thing I am going to do is replace the head adjustment knob with a washer and a nut as I usually use one head position and want to lock it in more securely.
Screenshot_20211109-072645.jpg

Looks like it has a lighter head so easier to hold at nearer-horizontal angles than my old Remington with the trade-off being the Remington's head can be detached and used alone as a hand saw.

Here's a newer version of the Remington, though even this isn't their current model, just closer to mine than their current model which has what I consider a less desirable feature in that the saw handle has to be taken off the pole and put on the saw separately (as seen in 2nd link below):

One thing I don't like about it is that if I hang it on a pegboard along with my other small outdoor tools or prop it upright in a corner with the handle facing down, the oil will leak out of the reservoir. It does this in use too but so slowly that it only matters for storage.

Last edited:
I have the same trimmer and it works great. I did loose the oil cap for the chain which sucks and can't find a replacement. I got mine on sale @ Amazon about 2.5 years ago. Would purchase again.

I have the same trimmer and it works great. I did loose the oil cap for the chain which sucks and can't find a replacement. I got mine on sale @ Amazon about 2.5 years ago. Would purchase again.
I have a bunch of plastic containers I use to sell products and I may get lucky and find a fit if I do I will reach out to you.

Don't recall the brand but someone gave one similar to my wife and it does work but not sure how long it would last if I had more than one tree.

Some pictures...
The trees around the garage are part of a retention area ordered by the state. My father and I planted them 20 years ago to state guidelines. I could have done without them.

20211109_163456_HDR.jpg
20211109_163440_HDR.jpg

Nice! I have a "greenworks" model that is very similar and my experience with it is the same. I bought mine as a refurb some years back for cheap.

I have a SunJoe pressure washer that works very well.

Well guys way over 600 cuts
For $65 I could throw it away and not feel bad.
Working great.
View attachment 77200

I actually thought about buying the Snow Joe dual stage snow blower but ended up with the Ego dual stage snow blower.

Who knows, maybe I'll get one next winter. Can never have enough toys in the garage 😂

I have the same 8", 6.5 amp as the OP. It's the real deal. Can cut 16" rounds with it. After years of I'd say more than typical use, the chain finally got dull.

Most people don't need a chainsaw, a polesaw will do just fine, and a polesaw takes much less effort to use and is much safer.

I have the same 8", 6.5 amp as the OP. It's the real deal. Can cut 16" rounds with it. After years of I'd say more than typical use, the chain finally got dull.

Most people don't need a chainsaw, a polesaw will do just fine, and a polesaw takes much less effort to use and is much safer.
Can't agree more.
Well said.
And easier on your back.

The last few days I put about nine more hours on this thing.
I got my money's worth.
Next, I'm going back to fine trim and flush the stubs
Later I'm going to try to remove maybe 50 large sticker bushes along the woods.
If it dies tomorrow, I have no complaints

This is certainly true for trimming trees/bushes but pole saws don't do well for cutting up firewood. Or for scaring the kids...I can't imagine a movie called the Texas Pole Saw Massacre!

Back