Summit Racing zddp oil

Does anyone know who manufactures the Summit Racing zddp oil? And how much is zddp it has? I called Summit Racing, and they couldn't provide me any information on their product, other than saying it was a top-notch oil

I cant find an MSDS on it. I can on many of their other Summit Racing branding products.
If you happen to be a Ham radio operator, the owner of Summit Racing is an engineer type so try asking?
His call sign is NO8D

Just a note, O.P. posted in the incorrect forum, there is a Racing Oil forum

"ZDDP oil" That is hilarious. All modern oils have zddp in them along with other additives to allow for moderate to long drian intervals, low corrosion, and antifoaming and anti-gelling.

You can purchase M1 0W40 FS or Castrol 5W40 most anywhere that has over 1000ppm ZDDP, plus you ar e getting a modern synthetic formulation that will keep rings clean and free up horsepower.
Also note it's the phosporous component of the compond that provide the boundary anti fretting / scuffing protection, that is the component/element that is limited in ILSAC Lubricant and API spark ignition Xw20/30 grades for after-treament and O2 sensor protection.

Also know that most motorcycle/ATV 4T oils are API SJ rated and can be used in HP engines with good results.

You run at New England Dragway? I'm just down the street.

I used to run a 1974 327 V8 Vega for our ARCO station there, until i had to daily it when I sold my 455 Buick.

My apologies, I was not aware of the racing oil forum. The engine is a Chevy 350 with a flat tappet cam. Currently using VR1 conventional. Just didn't know anything about the summit brand, their advertising makes it sound outstanding LOL I'm a few hours from the New England Dragway but I have attended many races there, awesome place. Too bad covid-19 crushed out the NHRA New England Nationals this year.

I am always looking for a suitable oil for my flat tappet engines.
The good news is, the valve springs are stock, or just a little over stock.
My cars have the original engines, which is a plus to most.
If I ever pull one of these engines apart, I will stab a hydraulic roller and be done with it.

I’ve always used the Valvoline VR1 and had fine luck with it never found any info on the other oil so I didn’t buy it. The Valvoline has lots in it.
I ran that in my Generac and just drained the one quart sump after a 10+ years of intermittent useage.
Oil looked good, VR1 worked where passenger car oil didnt. Plus its a nice Blue colour when you pour it in Royal Perp - take that !
I Ran the 10W30 synthetic, I got it when it was on clearacne at AutoStoned. I just put 5W40 Valvoline European in there. Should be fine, we will see.

I ran that in my Generac and just drained the one quart sump after a 10+ years of intermittent useage.
Oil looked good, VR1 worked where passenger car oil didnt. Plus its a nice Blue colour when you pour it in Royal Perp - take that !
I Ran the 10W30 synthetic, I got it when it was on clearacne at AutoStoned. I just put 5W40 Valvoline European in there. Should be fine, we will see.
Great to hear your results. I use it in my beetle and in my truck in the summertime I mostly get the 20W-50 haven’t been able to find the 10W-30 anywhere.

Back