suggestions for high mileage Toyota 2.2L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Delvac 1300 super as well, but it had just been discontinued from Walmart.

I am now trying to find time to get to my local NOCO to get some.

Again I am in agreement with Jelly. Delvac 1300 15W-40. If Walmart does not have it, try truckstop convenience stores. Or, an oil distributorship may be able to get it, even if it is not a Mobil dealer. Mine was not, and I got it from them.

quote:

Originally posted by Hajoca:
I am using Delvac 1300 super as well, but it had just been discontinued from Walmart.

I am now trying to find time to get to my local NOCO to get some.

Maybe in Canada, but not here in the U.S.

Delvac has actually received MORE shelf-space here with the addition of quart bottles!

Going to do oil change for my dad's '92 Toyota Camry 4cylinder 2.2L. Its got about 153,000+ miles on it. Car has been running 10W-30 or 10W-40 conventional oil. It still runs good. Should I use a 10W-30 high mileage oil? Or would 15W-40 be a better choice, not sure if 15W-40 is okay for this car.

One school of thought says that cars are expensive and oil is cheap, so change it a lot. Another says, new oils are so much better than in the past this is not necessary. Since I started driving when oil was less than optimal (people put a quart of transmission fluid in with parrafinic base stock oils to hold down the sludge) I do the 3,000 miles routine so I can sleep at night.

These days, the companies that do UOA will look at your oil and tell you whether you need to change more often. So, a few bucks well spent might be the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back