Suggest brake pads for 02 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Who makes the Duralast Gold pads ??

Ive used the Bendix Import Quiet pads on 3 different Hondas and they work great.

ALl AZ pads except for Performance Friction are Made BY Morse.

Quote:

Akebono claims to have invented ceramic pad technology. They are an excellent product and I have had great service from them when combined with Brembo replacement rotors. Their claims of low dust, low noise, mild rotor wear and long life have been borne out in my experience in several different vehicles.

Richard.

Ditto in my experience.
Went with Hawk in one application and the braking power is a bit more. More dust too though.

NAPA "Safety Stop", they're a ceramic 'blend'. I've put them on three cars so far. Quietest pads I've ever experienced. My wife even noticed (does that tell 'ya anything?) on her car. Stops slightly better when cold, same when hot (as OE). WAY less dust too.

Dave

Quote:

I 2nd the pefromance friction CM. the have great inital bite. i run them on every car i take care of. and i run the peformance friction Z-rated on my car.
from what i have noticed those life time pads fade like crazy after repeated stops. I had the duralast golds on my old cavalier and trying to stop on the freeway from 70 i could not get the car to get into the abs at all. found myself saying stop stop stop.

Maybe the old ones were not, but drualast gold pads are rated GG for friction coefficient at ambient and elevated temperature. Thats as high as you can get... Are you sure your fluid was OK????

JMH

Quote:

Quote:

I 2nd the pefromance friction CM. the have great inital bite. i run them on every car i take care of. and i run the peformance friction Z-rated on my car.
from what i have noticed those life time pads fade like crazy after repeated stops. I had the duralast golds on my old cavalier and trying to stop on the freeway from 70 i could not get the car to get into the abs at all. found myself saying stop stop stop.

Maybe the old ones were not, but drualast gold pads are rated GG for friction coefficient at ambient and elevated temperature. Thats as high as you can get... Are you sure your fluid was OK????

JMH

this was in 03 with a 02 cavalier. the fluid was stock and the i put those pads on around 17,000 miles.

Why did this get bumped? Anyway, from what I have seen, Hondas like OE pads. For that matter, Hondas seem to do better in general with OE parts. Plugs, fluids, brake pads, etc. Besides, OE pads are what, 50 bucks? Good price for pads that generally dont make noise or make your wheels black from dust.

Of course there is a crowd of people on this site that will disagree whole-heartedly and say they never buy anything from the "stealership". They will tell you to go to Auto-zone or whatever, but I have yet to see aftermarket pads in the same price range that work as well.

Rotors are a different story. I am not a fan of Honda rotors, when for the price they charge, you could get some nice aftermarket ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back