submersible well pump replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace my pump , it just died. If i replace the white pvc, with flexible, how do i make the connection at the top of the casing?

Make sure they add a safety rope if they use flexible. Sucks to have a pump drop to the bottom of a well and snap the electrical wire if the pipe breaks :-/

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Make sure they add a safety rope if they use flexible. Sucks to have a pump drop to the bottom of a well and snap the electrical wire if the pipe breaks :-/

Thanks, i'll ask about that. I don't know if one is on there now.
Any type of rope or just nylon?

I thought they used a heady duty grade of polyethylene.

Mine went and I got the insurance company to pay as it was lightning related.

I also went up in HP and that was a great idea until I needed to use generator and it barely worked the pump.

Never heard of white PVC in a well, but have only seen a few.

In the 1960s they used 20' sections of steel pipe and needed a small rig to lift and unscrew each section.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
how much did this cost?

Its probably around $1100- 1300 depending on if i add a new pressure tank.

I went with a contractor, because i dont' think i can get buy a high quality pump quickly. A lot of these pumps are only sold to contractors, and i don't want a home depot/ lowes cheapie.
I don't know what size pump is in there now, but i want a 3/4hp as my well is 180ft deep. I'm not sure a 1/2hp will do it.

Last edited:
You may have a "pitless adaptor" and you have to make a tool to remove it. Basically its just a threaded handle which you screw onto the pitless adaptor and then you can pull up the pipe and pump. With 180' I probably would get a truck with hoist...you have to be real carefull resetting these pumps and you don't damage them...Well casings DO NOT always go straight down....don't get a cheapo box store pump. Franklin and Grundfos make good pumps..I believe Franklin builds the internals on most common pumps. If its your upper impellor stage that's locked up you can replace those on some pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back