Subcompact tractor brands?

This is the second one of these.

As it sits I had to store it on a pallet for quite a while before install.

Based on what I know I would not be able to use a BX 2380 to put it on the rack either.

I kind of had my heart set on the little Kubota
frown.gif

UD

Onan 8K .jpeg

I found I sized my tractor for a certain loader capacity. I needed to be able to move hay bales of any size, in case sometime in the future large squares (1800lbs) became the common size. Also you don't really want to only have a small margin in loader capacity, as translating specs "at the pins" into real tasks is difficult and stuff like pallets or bales has the weight 2'+ away from the pins.

Originally Posted by UncleDave
This is the second one of these.

As it sits I had to store it on a pallet for quite a while before install.

Based on what I know I would not be able to use a BX 2380 to put it on the rack either.

I kind of had my heart set on the little Kubota
frown.gif

UD

Look at the L2501. Sips fuel. Decent loader capacity. It's a 25 horse (D1703 engine) tractor on a 40 horse platform and has no emissions. Achieves 540 PTO RPM at only 2000 RPM.

HST models have 19.5 PTO HP. Gear drive is 21.

Last edited:
Also is that little Onan generator an "inverter" generator? Good with electronics like more complex appliances and furnaces?

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Also is that little Onan generator an "inverter" generator? Good with electronics like more complex appliances and furnaces?

Yes its the 8000, As far as I know its the largest inverter.

The 10 and 12K are fixed speed.

UD

I can't help with feedback on an FEL because mine doesn't have one (that said if I could go back in time I'd buy one with it). Since you asked about subcompacts, I do love my JD 1023E. The Yanmar engine starts right up and runs strong. Plenty of power on the steep slope it's operated on. Plenty of weight and traction to get in and out of almost anything (as has been mentioned, making ruts can be a concern).

Sales department at my local dealer was a joke, so I purchased private party- slightly used with less than 50 hours on it.

I'm sure other brands are good also. Have had zero issues with mine. Definitely a keeper.

What kind of oil Change intervals did you go with on that engine? What kind of oil? Looks really good.

Originally Posted by LubricatusObsess
I evaluated both and bought the Deere 1026R. What won me over were the hydraulic operation and implement availability, not to mention parts and dealers everywhere. I would agree Kubota is the more robust machine, but for a homeowner I felt the Deere was better tailored. For a contractor I'd probably go with Kubota.

We used Kubota engines for small generators we built at work. Top notch engines, rarely a problem. Same from what I hear for Yanmar (bigger in the marine markets). I have 1,200 hours on mine with zero issues. We just adjusted the valve lash, here's how it looked:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

UD

Nice. I'd love to find myself one of these. Kubota makes a 7.5kw as well. .4 gallons of fuel consumed in an hour. Originally I wanted propane but I think I like the idea of a diesel.

So this is an Onan with a Cummins badge with a Kubota engine or you guys added the Kubota?

UD

Nice. I'd love to find myself one of these. Kubota makes a 7.5kw as well. .4 gallons of fuel consumed in an hour. Originally I wanted propane but I think I like the idea of a diesel.

So this is an Onan with a Cummins badge with a Kubota engine or you guys added the Kubota?

The 7.5 is nearly identical and Im pretty sure .4 is at full load, under partial load its closer to a pint an hour.

You can find used ones at a decent deal.

Onan made these with a Kubota diesel.
Then Cummins bought Onan and the brand is Labelled as "Cummins Onan" but cummins didnt touch this product at least yet.

I had a propane RV genset once - never again. It drank like a sailor on leave, and overheated under full load (2 AC) at 100 ambient.
I couldn't carry enough propane to dry camp for more than a day or two in hot weather.

The wife had this 8K unit in the dog grooming van and I did some UOAs and posted them here and after a 200 hour run it looks like the oil could go double easily on off the shelf M1 0w-40. Kubota rated it for 500 hour in lighting applications with a larger sump.

She put over 1000 hour a year on it and it stopped once when a wire came loose.

As a guy that grew up in Peoria Im having an internal problem with how much I like the Kubota products.

UD

Back