Subaru wrx & vette doing a little mountain driving hehe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear he was ok. No lesson learned. I guess he was surprised that someone else was on his private road.

This is a perfect video example of what they tell you over and over in performance driving school. It's not the first "fish tail" that gets you. It's always the second or third, after you've overcorrected on the first and perhaps second.

It only took one overcorrection for this guy, and then WHAM...into the wall. You just don't correct as much in an all wheel drive vehicle..you have to go against your instincts and do a half correction while getting ON the gas a little.

I've only done a few track days, and I kind of like german cars, but I will be the first to say that I've noticed that C5's are extremely good on the track. A very good car right out of the box.

The new C6 Z06 is an amazing track car and light years ahead of the not sooo old C5 platform. I mean come on a 68K Corvette running only a few secs slower around the Nurinburg ring than a 440K Porshe.

That looked like an Sti. Perhaps he had the center differential cranked a bunch to the rear hence the oversteer. Anyhoo, both are SCHMUCKs regardless for driving like that on a windy, blind cornered road. You can also see that it started to oversteer the instant he got of the gas and touched the brakes.

Yep...lift throttle oversteer. I remember learning about that back when I was in high school in '86 in a friend's Reliant K car (doing something I shouldn't have been doing). Who says you can't make a front wheel drive car fish tail!

You're right on with that point Drew99GT. Especially when you see the bike that just went by. As a motorcycle rider myself, guys like this are my worst nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back