Subaru outback 2008, Pennzoil Yellow 5W30 4800 oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty impressed with the oil and how clean the engine is after 80K miles.
Miles are mostly highway though, I do 80 miles round trip daily
frown.gif

Subaru_zpse524f876.jpg

Last edited:
welcome2.gif

Nice UOA.

Just look at those additive numbers, PYB sure is a great conventional oil.
thumbsup2.gif

PYB is good stuff and has to be in the running for the best conventional oil available. Your TBN had to be sky high for Blackstone to recommend the bump to 7000 OCI. Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
Well done... think you'll try a longer OCI in future?

welcome2.gif

Kevin

Thanks.
I will probably push it to 6K and send another UOA.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Looks quite good even compared to the VOA from PQIA. Some of your values are higher than the virgin samples. What oil did you use for the prior OCI?

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Pennzoil.htm

The past 5 oil changes were done by me at the house and I have always used PYB. Prior to that it was done at the dealership because they had super low prices. I assume they use Subaru branded over there
whistle.gif

I had a Honda Accord with 200K+ miles and all it had was PYB. Why change a good thing?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
The EJ engine can run on cat pee. Have you had your head gaskets replaced on this engine yet?

Not yet. Hopefully never have to do it until I switch to a WRX STi
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigt61
PYB is good stuff and has to be in the running for the best conventional oil available. Your TBN had to be sky high for Blackstone to recommend the bump to 7000 OCI. Thanks for posting.

Sorry just now getting used to the forum and I can multi quote
smile.gif

yeah I may spring for a TBN next time. I was being cheap.

Originally Posted By: wildcatswo
7,000 recommended on PYB! Impressive.

I was considering switching to synthetic but now I won't bother :0

Originally Posted By: wildcatswo
7,000 recommended on PYB! Impressive.

I do 10k on PYB and lots of other new Pentastar 3.6 people follwing the OLM are too without realizing. PYB is a fantastic oil.

The shot of moly is nice! I would like to know the TBN of this sample, tho. I wonder if you can call to have Blackstone run what is left of the sample for $10 more?
21.gif

Good 'ole PYB! +1

Nice. Use Pennzoil 10w30 or Pennzoil High Mileage 5w30 for better shear stability for longer duration. Pennzoil High Mileage is probably the best value in motor oil at $17 a jug and is non-Resource Conserving and a syn blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back