Subaru CVT oil change made simple.....

The past few months I have been driving a Subaru, my father's with the CVT and absolutely hate it. The more I drive the car the more I hate the CVT transmission.
27.gif
I thought driving the car more might help a bit to at least tolerate it, no cigar.

Yeah, if you don't like'em, you don't like'em.:)

I personally like CVTs(or any auto)in the less sporty vehicles for their everyday-ness in traffic, normal commuting, shopping, visiting, long distance travel etc. However, when it comes to driving enjoyment, most folks would prefer a manual tranny for their driving engagement and being one with the vehicle. I don't enjoy shifting and I learned on a stick, drove many and owned a few myself. But where I live along with the type of driving that we do, doesn't really offer me any reason to own another.

Though I own fewer vehicles today than in the past(I've owned as many as 5 vehicles at one time...on several occasions), I do enjoy having another car for driving enjoyment. It's just less important today than it once was.

I have two. Versa still ok at 80k with two fluid changes along the way. Sentra cvt blew up last year at 56k. Covered by extended warranty. Dealer cost $3800. Not driving much these days so I’m hanging on to both. We’ll see.

Back