Subaru brake lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be working on a 2001 Subaru brakes in the near future and want to use the longest lasting pin grease. In the past I've always used either Syl Glide or Motorcraft Silicone Brake Grease and Dielectric Compound XG3A.

Looking at parts diagrams it looks like these pins are suspended in rubber bushings, so I'm thinking the XG3A silicone compound may be slightly less reactive and last longer in contact with the rubber. Can anybody who's worked on these cars confirm the pin style?

Also, I've been considering switching from the Motorcraft XG3A for brake and dielectric work and going to 3M 08946 Clear Silicone Paste - 8 oz. Any thoughts?

Hows the consistency of the 3M stuff? The MC is very thick and tacky, with I suspect some solids content and seems to REALLY stay put.

Permatex® Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube (Green)

"An environmentally-friendly, green, nonmelting, synthetic lubricant. It is formulated to lubricate under the most adverse brake conditions, assuring that critical caliper pins, sleeves, bushings and pistons remain lubricated throughout pad life."

Bought some in 2011, then read posts on how it deteriorates Toyota rubber bushings. Used it for the last 3 years on my now 10 year old Toyota and have no problems with it. I found it to be very long lasting.

Last edited:
No thanks on the permatex. It may work but I have heard too many negative reports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back