Subaru 22” and 19” OE wiper blades

Just purchased some new OE hybrid wiper blades from my local Subaru parts department. These are part #s SOA591U422 and SOA591U419. They’re made in Mexico and I don’t see anything on them that gives a clue as to the manufacturer. First I’ve tried these, but they appear nice. We’ll have to wait for some rain to get a performance review!

FA397A5E-B635-4781-A109-DCA786F8EADD.jpeg
3037772F-5244-4274-B95F-B8A983FC4175.jpeg
6F0884D7-6438-4685-9CFB-13FF356002DD.jpeg
C7F080F1-7947-4814-9816-E1B1E58BEC0E.jpeg

Attachments

• A363542E-B223-4539-98B5-3CA9B9600F54.jpeg
    A363542E-B223-4539-98B5-3CA9B9600F54.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 5
At least when you buy OE from the dealer you know the part has to meet the vehicle manufacturers OE spec and quality which may be way different than the same product providers aftermarket product.

If they are like the Toyota blades, then you should be able to buy wiper refills for them
In normal times Subaru did, but parts.subaru.com is showing a supply chain issue with refills. Front right is available, but front left is unavailable nationwide. Probably not a big priority for them right now.

Why not just buy a good name brand for less money?
I wanted to try out the OE option and while price is important it wasn't my top priority. To be fair the name-brand hybrid blades in auto parts stores cost either the same or more. I spent around $41 with tax on these OE blades. A cursory glance at RockAuto shows the following prices for a set of available hybrid blades + shipping:

Denso: $48.13
ANCO: $40.72
AC Delco: $34.92
Trico Sentry: $23.26

There's an appreciable difference in pricing only with the Trico Sentry, but my past experiences with their products have not been great. I will say it's been many years since I've tried them though. The set I'm taking off were very cheap (Costco blades), but nothing special. Anywho, just trying something different.

Last edited:
Subaru would replace them free in their 3yr/36k warranty and our 2005 they were short lived. Hopefully a better supplier now.
Yes, I've heard mixed results as well, but I do think the supplier has changed in recent years.

Last edited:
I wanted to try out the OE option and while price is important it wasn't my top priority. To be fair the name-brand hybrid blades in auto parts stores cost either the same or more. I spent around $41 with tax on these OE blades. A cursory glance at RockAuto shows the following prices for a set of available hybrid blades + shipping:

Denso: $48.13
ANCO: $40.72
AC Delco: $34.92
Trico Sentry: $23.26

There's an appreciable difference in pricing only with the Trico Sentry, but my past experiences with their products have not been great. I will say it's been many years since I've tried them though. The set I'm taking off were very cheap (Costco blades), but nothing special. Anywho, just trying something different.
Oh I thought after market would be a lot cheaper. Carry on.

In normal times Subaru did, but parts.subaru.com is showing a supply chain issue with refills. Front right is available, but front left is unavailable nationwide. Probably not a big priority for them right now.
If your Subaru uses the “designer” NWB blades as many Toyotas do, a refill from that model from a dealership will fit. I’ve heard of Chinese refills from Amazon being one to one fit.

I have a feeling that NWB/Denso “designer” refills as well as Honda/Nissan Mitsuba ones are similar. However, NWB doesn’t sell refills here.

I noticed that my two trusted Subaru OE online parts suppliers stopped selling insert refills several years ago. When asked, they simply said Subaru stopped offering the inserts and had switched to only offering the entire replacement for more money.

Back