Subaru 0w20 OIl

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Subaru dealership sent me a gift card for $25, to be used as I please, at the dealership.

That's going to help me buy 5 quarts of the Subaru 0w-20. I'm looking forward to giving it a try, and see if I like it any more or less than PP or M1.

For a LOF change (buying your preferred OW-20 synthetic oil and a quality oil filter) ... and pay the dealer $15 - $20 for labor is your best option.

9$?

mine has it for about 7$

7*5= 35$+ filter =42$

I like the oil nothing amazing about it. I would use M1 afe or EP PP/PU etc

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
God Bless, the Subaru oil at my dealership is $9 each! 81 dollars for a oil change! No movie no meal.

Wow! I would not be buying Subaru oil, even with my $25 coupon, for that price. My dealership's price is $7.50/qt. High enough that I wouldn't buy it without the coupon.

A lower cost option that is also great oil for cars requiring 0W20 is Kendal GT-1, but its tough to find at retail. Firestone auto care centers use it in bulk form with other vis's of Kendall in case you know some folks who are not DIY'ers like us and need a lower cost 0W20 oil change than their dealer. The bulk filter they use on my son's Ford Escape (5W20) is made by Wix, so that's not too bad.

for high quality at a fair price pennzoil's new GTL platinum with pure plus technology is good. their 0-20 noack is 10.8 ok but the 5-20 is 8.6 pretty good, their 10-30 is my choice with a noack of 4.7, thats great also less VII's, a stronger oil overall. few places require a lower low # as the group III fake synthetics are cleaner + flow well at lo temps

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
A lower cost option that is also great oil for cars requiring 0W20 is Kendal GT-1, but its tough to find at retail. Firestone auto care centers use it in bulk form with other vis's of Kendall in case you know some folks who are not DIY'ers like us and need a lower cost 0W20 oil change than their dealer. The bulk filter they use on my son's Ford Escape (5W20) is made by Wix, so that's not too bad.

I get it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kendall-Synthetic-0w-20-Liquid-Titanium/dp/B00GDFJ1X8

Comes out to about $5.52/qt. Not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back