Stupid tire pressure question - Follow the label?

Should have said "D" tires, not E
@CapriRacer has posted in the past how to use the load tables to get the correct inflation pressure for LT tires in P-metric applications, which is a common swap for people with light trucks and SUV's.

Here's his page with the load tables:

Per Toyo:
Toyo said:
When a P-metric or metric tire is installed on a light truck (SUV, pickup, minivan), the load capacity of the tire is reduced by a factor of 1.101 as prescribed by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). For example, 305/50R20 has a maximum load capacity of 3086 lbs. If this tire is fitted to a light truck, then the actual allowable load capacity for the tire is 2805 lbs. (3086 lbs. divided by 1.1). If you replace the original tires with the exact same type (P-metric, hard metric, LT-metric, or flotation), size designations, and ply as the tires that were originally installed, just follow the vehicle’s tire information placard for proper inflation pressures. If, however, you apply a ‘Plus zero’ or plus-1, etc., fitment to a light truck, you must discount the replacement tire’s load by the 1.10 factor and ensure that the replacement tire has sufficient load capacity by inflation to support the load of the originally installed tires.

Conversion (also courtesy Toyo):
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.54.34 AM.jpg

I have always found the tire shop guys know how to read and are generally quite knowledgable about what the best inflation is.

I have always aired my tires up pretty high, oftentimes in excess of the recommended pressure, mainly because I counted on lower rolling resistance to offer a little better gas mileage.
Also because too much is just enough, right? And I know better, right?
This is partially driven by the messed up TPMS sensors in our GS. The dash tire light goes on and off by itself, so I am checking pressures almost weekly.

I am starting to follow the label on the door jam nowadays (cheat just a little....). Will I be OK? J/K...

Your thoughts?
Have you tried getting the TPMS sensors replaced?

Back