Stumbled on a classic at a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a local gun shop about 2 blocks away from me owned by a surly but honest retiree. Went in there because he posted he had bulk 22 at a reasonable price. Came out with this Beretta Model 1934. As you can see she has a bit of finish pitting but when I took her apart I could not find any wear. If it was shot, it was shot very little at all. I had one of these years ago I regretted selling when I fell on hard times.

Always nice to fill that hole in your collection again.

yeah the one I had before was a ww2 one, but one made for the Romanians so it was marked 9mm Scurt.

According to the video, I did well on the price I paid.

This was the only old gun in there. He gets the occasional rare gun though, which is why I stop in. Last time I was in there he had a GI bringback from ww2. It was the experimental model that eventually led to the Walther PP. I really wanted that gun, but didn't have the scratch at the time.

I had one of those guns in my hand just a few days ago. Interesting. The guy didnt know what caliber it was (9MM Corto), so I took the time to explain how what 9x17 and .380 ACP, etc was.

He would indeed be there on 11th. He is a good chap and always reasonable on prices. It took me a few visits years ago to realize he only looks grumpy, but is actually a pretty laid back and helpful guy. I just kept thinking I was catching him on a bad day. He warmed up when he found out who my dad was. I guess they were racing buddies of sorts back in the 60's and 70's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Post a range report!

When it is warmer out and I can hit the outdoor ranges I will. I suspect it will be just like my old one. I will say they feel very good in the hand, and being all steel, shoot quite nicely along the lines of a Walther PP or Mauser HSc in 380.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back