Study shows EVs more expensive to fuel vs ICE

Fake news. The real deal is charging at home if your electric rates are decent.
of course they are billed with widely varying methods.
so the all in way is take your $$$ bill and divide by KWH
(btw my bill says 5cents per kwh but my actual rate is around 15cents after distro, fees, connection charges etc)
I dont have time of use billing.

so pretty simple to just do the "all in" way
ie 1000kwh and 147$ bill = 14.7cents "all in"

now figure year round use maybe 2.5 miles per kwh that is probably overly conservative.

so that would be 25 miles for about $1.50 or close to prius rates on ICE vehicle.

IF I went and plugged in at a fast charger it would easily be double the cost.

Also many may have free charging at work type perks that make it an even better deal.

I'd prefer a PHEV with a small gas engine and a battery pack big enough for 40miles all electric.

Left out a ton of considerations due to not wanting this thread to go political or off topic.

You didn’t include any road tax.

You mentioned the fast charger being double the cost. We found when we rented a Tesla that the cost to charge with a supercharger was the same per mile as driving our odyssey. For a car that is smaller than my accord.

GE0aDw3Kl0aWAn4OQfMWVavdF1-pxk_xhukxA3w1EDQJPF5Fsbn-X7ppIMG2uZxJ0GwPFOoe1U_9Ryk-y0lWmHKymns_6r4FANQo1OrJK4LpsAYEWs1zxpEWA7OugKbdZN_sboq523i231iccRRPVRYJtQVETLjZaAGfwedt1Zax-I84KGHrRwPZHWR8ZhSKjBCIqJC1E-VsiIEIuiJdfj0mbb_JTqK7CYfSnnMTGqWqd6HPeMq9jtvLRPlOFwzf7-nZsyjg-O8ZBcahQdFcuxR64ZcmDgKt0w8duRxgln0CnkVTmEtmdP_Q4FJZRuejJHHzq7vuD19OrcklRnI127e3YXh9007XELThNb64V0i8Yu3Pe8G4qnYDm2smAaKpgJhTZeP1jDBti-oER8O-OXDSGLuK7z4tEwVSurLYoSfFsPsNKWQeMX4GjSiZVoZbxajabU4M1LtWzcNayn0sr7jUZ7cKENREh8QYcXTNQaR0CPT6frXAIghggJm966RSk9RZxkwpBDpXeZ2XXMdp3QtYLzkelyjS7Z0EzEjvuQSnmIGEBbJkVZqCnOPneHhZvfBCzRC8_bwHISPj6FVXLNYx2p9R3HneE19VZCk8fNipm7h3XP6f4fXSfB6mrT8MRmUJrgnarOhsGvJOeWRsHNtjuBhNtElkXgQGY5faHNk77ucNDByzC-spi6H0JP0TP5unFBp07RIY3W_MQ_KiHSNb2cYXyVoEEO6thXXJEvZ3kzOjXvPPhHxvlub8KUu8t8T6wVvrG_oEUFxvN4TIS8HhvrgU-NLUAFnGnGUEGTsOtpD2-mnTMeoaygOTPPKfnKEtdB-Pn3425LRXtnphZParyv3iKbM4UVRlixnwD0oNUpw7cregk7tFrrWuwaV5HjwC4_5snNzVk0hzpdtmjU1smZs9juXX40-r81jASFYTrg=w317-h685-no

maybe its broken in safari?
I use chrome on iOS and I don’t see sigs either…

if you pick "desktop view" they will show.
Wow, well I am sure you are right and I am sure I can but no matter how many quick searches I did on how to haven't worked. Obviously I never felt the need to go to desktop on my iPhone 13.

Seems like Apple changed the shortcut around a number of times on mobile devices, looks like sure fire way is to go into phone settings and I am sure there is a shortcut someplace but not worth the effort for me. So after 5 minutes or so I gave up, not important to me. BITOG is he only site I saw mention to something that would be missing.

Fake news. The real deal is charging at home if your electric rates are decent.
of course they are billed with widely varying methods.
Yeah, agree, clickbait story. Heck if you lived in the land of the free in some parts of South Carolina as I have for 16 years our kWh rate was reduced to 5.5 cents kWh (not a misprint) so overnight charging would be a godsend to you EV owners.
The trick is NOT to charge during a 4 hour period of the 24 hour day, peak useage. For peak time they take the highest use period (4 hours) of every 30 day billing and charge $12 a kWh and add it to the bill. SO as long as you avoid that 4 hour period it will only cost you 5.5 CENTS kWh to charge your EV.

With that said, our gasoline prices are also among the lowest in the nation due to the low taxes. 🙃

Everyone wins but think we can tilt EV ownership as cheap to charge if use and vehicle size/price doesnt matter to you.

Reactions: Pew
Back