Stuck rear ball tow hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ball hitch adapter( the male square part that slides into the female square part on thye truck) that is stuck in the rear hitch of my Toyota Tacoma, I live in Massachusetts with the salt and sand on the road( No need for another Toyota recall! Any ideas out there on how to get this thing out, I had to cut the master lock pin off because the key was frozen and hitting it with a hammer and PB blaster (but hasnt soaked for long) isn't working either. I'm thinking about using the Fork lift at work and using the side motion to pull it out. I also used some Kerosene on it

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMorg
Do you have a chain and a tree?

+1

Also try striking it with a ball peen hammer.

Last edited:
Usually you can beat it around with a heavy brass hammer and loosen it up enough to come out. When i lived in PA, We always lathered them up with neverseze before winter. We found this the best way to keep everything as clean as possible.

Heat is your friend. Heat it up real good with a gas torch and use a BFH to convince it to move. Watch where the gas lines and tank are. Be ready to get the paint can out when you're done. MOPAR dealers used to have a product they used to free stuck heat risers that was fantastic too.

I wish you the best of luck :/ But the neversieze stuff, as mentioned above, works wonders.

Mine wouldn't budge.

I had to cut flush with the hitch face then used a long sawzall blade to cut each face inside the hitch.

I used a tree and cable and it did not work. Took another look at it again and noticed a sleeve was left behind from the master lock. Removed the sleeve and hooked it up to the tree again and it didnt budge at all. Took the truck to my brother in laws shop and grabbed his biggest sledgehammer and went to work on it for some time untill it finnally came off. Wire wheeled all the rust and scale off and applied neverseze.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMorg
Do you have a chain and a tree?

I did that to remove a "stuck" bumper on my project hotrod truck. Turns out I missed a bolt. I now have more body work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back