Strokes and 3v biting the dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
could always ask him to set up one truck with a ticker oil and another os the same make and model with the 5w-20. see which lasts longer. I dont think 5w-20 is ment for that harsh of condition. I would try and call ford and ask them if 5w-20 should be used in that kinda condition. I odnt know much about oil. but I have wored in places that had work vehicles and no matter what you do. they will trash them to death.

ever thought about a screen type mesh in the front grill? it would prob trap the dirt and be easier to wash off and save the radiator from getting clogged. what about a snorkle device to get air from up higher than from ground level. I owuld guess there would be less dust about roof level than at ground level. every lil bit helps.

but in the end it sounds like a losing battle you have there. you have management that dont really care. your oil tech people that dont care about how to do proper intervals of uoa and fellow workers that dont care about vehicles.

hats off to you for trying to save the company money and have pride in your job. you are a rare breed in deed.

nitrogen keeps its pressure better even when temps change. than reg air.

Quote:

There might be less breakage of parts if the tires are softer, though tires will probably wear out sooner. Why bother with nitrogen?

Because nitrogen molecules are large and do not leak out of tires as fast as normal air. Tires filled with nitrogen have very little loss of preasure over time unlike tires filled with normal atmospheric air. I have a nitrogen generator in my shop that I got a couple of years ago from Myers Tire Supply. Vehicles that I service on a regular basis almost never have low tire preasure. Plus, using the nitrogen generator it is moisture free dry air.

Quote:

Quote:

There might be less breakage of parts if the tires are softer, though tires will probably wear out sooner. Why bother with nitrogen?

Because nitrogen molecules are large and do not leak out of tires as fast as normal air. Tires filled with nitrogen have very little loss of preasure over time unlike tires filled with normal atmospheric air. I have a nitrogen generator in my shop that I got a couple of years ago from Myers Tire Supply. Vehicles that I service on a regular basis almost never have low tire preasure. Plus, using the nitrogen generator it is moisture free dry air.

we have about 100 haul trucks running around, not to mention about htat many in support vehicles, like water trucks, blades and rubber tire dozers, and they all have nitrogen in them.
but when a single tire for a haul truck cost anywhere from 50 to 100 grand each, times 6 per vehicle, you do what you can to extend tire life!!!
tires arent a problem as of now. We use a Maxxis mudder and they are all recaps, and surprisingly they hold up real well!

This thread reminds me of how people drive Government vehicles. Like that blue and white plate invalidates the laws of physics or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back