street racing is for morons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Shows that there morons with lots of money.

You can buy a C5 Corvette for cheap..

Stability control doesn't make up for a dim wit who doesn't know how to control tail slide...

Those two got what they deserved, at least no one else was hurt....

I just realized that I know exactly where this is. It`s by the Woodlands Mall outside of Houston. My ex-gf lives right down the road haha!

Last edited:
Money does not buy class or driving skills nor brains. Too bad it did not show the dazed guys get out. I wonder if they were the typical Corvette 50+ driver or some young kids.

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
(Look on YouTube for a video named "Two Turkeys on Thanksgiving Wrecking their Corvettes in The Woodlands" - I'm not directly linking it because I like having posting privileges and there's an adult word used at the climax of the video[/video]
This video brought me so much pleasure.

Even more moronic is driving a car that is capable of incredible speed and handling and never getting to really drive it or knowing how to drive it. Most Porsche, Corvette, Ford GT, Ferrari, Viper, Lambo, Bugatti, Mclaren (sp) and whole bunch more fall into this category.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
The guy on the right can't drive. What a tool!

Yeah, it almost looks like he was trying to (on purpose)scare the guy on the left. And they both paid the price for it.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Even more moronic is driving a car that is capable of incredible speed and handling and never getting to really drive it or knowing how to drive it. Most Porsche, Corvette, Ford GT, Ferrari, Viper, Lambo, Bugatti, Mclaren (sp) and whole bunch more fall into this category.

I agree 100%. That said, I instruct at HPDEs and I will say that quite a few Corvette and Porsche drivers participate. And I know of one instructor who brings his Aston Martin DB9 to the track, as well as a student who tracks his Gallardo several times per year. Every sports coupe or sports sedan I've owned has seen the track.
It can be a humbling experience however;, I had an intermediate student in a mildly modified E46 Coupe and she passed almost every other car in every session- 911, M3, Evo, WRX, C6, she put them ALL on the trailer...
lol.gif

The C5 could have had the traction control/stability control turned off. My brother's C5 gets awfully squirrely if that stuff is turned off and you're not careful with it. It is supercharged with a shorter-than-stock rear drive, but even a stock engine with some worn suspension dampers or bushes could get loose easily.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
a stock engine with some worn suspension dampers or bushes could get loose easily.

Especially when you take your foot off the gas, over correct, and jam the brakes! That's a recipe for a slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back