STP Gear Oil Treatment

Since skyactiv mentioned it on page 1, I am going to go ahead and order a kit from Blackstone and send it out for a VOA and see what we find out.

I'll report back with my findings.

I just got my bottle from Blackstone so tomorrow I'm sending some of this old STP Gear Oil Treatment out for a VOA so we can see what it's all about.

Actually quite curious to see what the results will be!

I'm actually genuinely curious what all is in it so I'm interested to see when I get the lab report back and I'll make sure to share.
If it's anything like the STP oil treatment probably not much. I know many here blast Project Farms videos but they still provide some useful information and his video testing (including the UOA showing a lousy ~400ppm zddp, worse than off the shelf oil) both new and old products showed STP is worse for your engine than modern cheap 10w-30. I'd sooner put Lucas into my engine.

If it's anything like the STP oil treatment probably not much. I know many here blast Project Farms videos but they still provide some useful information and his video testing (including the UOA showing a lousy ~400ppm zddp, worse than off the shelf oil) both new and old products showed STP is worse for your engine than modern cheap 10w-30. I'd sooner put Lucas into my engine.
That's what I'm imagining I'm going to end up finding out so we shall see

Back