STP Fully Synthetic 5w-30 SP specs?

I spied bottles and jugs of this at local AZ so I went online to see the specs and surprisingly or not, none are listed.

I emailed STP inquiring about 100c, HTHS, pour point, approvals and so on and about a week they replied with a link to the MSDS, which is on their site but not what I wanted

I wrote back restating what I was requesting and their return answer was to contact AZ since that's who had the product.

It was almost like they didn't know what they were selling or it's a Warren product of unknown attributes or I don't know what.

Any one have a line on the physical properties?

Is it WPP? If so they are usually reasonably forthcoming about their contract oils.

Look up the Dexos License number for the 5W-30 or 0W-20 may lead you to confirmation of the blender.

I think Amalie and WPP were both making some of their oil at one time.

Last edited:
It's probably Amalie Oil: http://www.amalie.com/

The STP "Full Syn" is anyways:
STP Full SyntheticAmalie Oil Co.dexos1™ Gen 25W-30D10397HG049Global

The rest looks like it's WPP or STP sold at AZ is now being blended by WPP...

Last edited:
Stopped by my local A-Z to grab some Techron, noticed their oil is API SP already. Might give it a try

Attachments

• 3180164F-CF4B-4D0E-A6C6-9655F5BDFC27.jpeg
    3180164F-CF4B-4D0E-A6C6-9655F5BDFC27.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 6A36F455-3D0F-41DF-96FD-2EC09E308EA7.jpeg
    6A36F455-3D0F-41DF-96FD-2EC09E308EA7.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 95
Run away from what? An oil with a valid API license? What for?

The "print stats" are what are printed on the label.
How else will he know how much better this oil is at cleaning or protecting or adding horsepower if it's not printed by the company on the label??

It's like his post is being pulled right from the mouth of Triple_Se7en.

How else will he know how much better this oil is at cleaning or protecting or adding horsepower if it's not printed by the company on the label??

It's like his post is being pulled right from the mouth of Triple_Se7en.
STP is not the the official oil of NASCAR.

STP is not the the official oil of NASCAR.
I know you're joking about how Mobil blows so much on advertising but you can't believe the number of ignorant people out there that will buy the oil because it's what NASCAR uses, them being blissfully unaware that racing oil formulations are more than likely nothing like the relatively cheap plain jane Mobil1 you can get for $22 at wallyworld,

I know you're joking about how Mobil blows so much on advertising but you can't believe the number of ignorant people out there that will buy the oil because it's what NASCAR uses, them being blissfully unaware that racing oil formulations are more than likely nothing like the relatively cheap plain jane Mobil1 you can get for $22 at wallyworld,
It is sarcasm !!!

Not NASCAR, but a few years back it was confirmed that the 24hr cars, a huge portion of them run on regular silver bottle M1 0w-40.

Not NASCAR, but a few years back it was confirmed that the 24hr cars, a huge portion of them run on regular silver bottle M1 0w-40.

A number of years ago when I regularly attended the Long Beach Gran Prix, I had a Pit Pass and saw teams working on engines between practices and qual rounds.

IIRC, I was watching Vasser or Castroneves crews and they were using M1 0w-40 right out of the bottle from the 6 pack.

Back