STP filters no longer ecore's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I browsed autozone today and noticed on the shelf that the stp 2808 filters looks to be built like a fram. Though the outer casing didn't look fram at all and says to be a product of the USA.
Did stp change manufactures?

Before the now defunct Fram Champ alliance known as Fram Filtration the S2808 was not an ecore. It was a Champ made classic construction filter with clicker type bypass. During the ff period that application became a Fram fiber endcap filter, similar to the 9688/3593a. Local AZs here still carry the former FF filter made STP line and that application hasn't changed from Fram construction. The STP S3614 is an ecore, and the 6607 classic Champ metal endcap construction.

In some other parts of the country the STP blue filters are now made by M&H Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Before the now defunct Fram Champ alliance known as Fram Filtration
Wait...what? Fram Filtration is defunct??

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Before the now defunct Fram Champ alliance known as Fram Filtration
Wait...what? Fram Filtration is defunct??

Not Fram, just the joint venture with Fram and Champ.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
So Champ is back to being independent again?

Independent of Fram. Not long after Champ Labs filed for bankruptcy protection in June 2016, Rank Group, owner of Fram cut Champ Labs loose from the Fram/Champ alliance. Afaik and remember it was called 'Fram Filtration' and is no more.

Champ completed reorganization in January of this year and is owned by "Blackrock Financial Management Inc., Credit Suisse Asset Management LLC, and J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc." as reported HERE.

From that same link above, I much preferred Vern_in_IL local knowledge information and explanation of the Champ Labs bankruptcy. I found it more informative and casts Rank Group in a different light in the transaction. Also one reason why I used the phrase, Champ Labs being cut loose from the alliance.

Vern's explantion and viewpoint on the break up posted HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back