Stp C&P

20210307_182835.jpg
20210307_182842.jpg
20210307_182850.jpg
20210307_182859.jpg
20210307_182912.jpg

Filtrr was only used for about 1500miles. Engine seems to be full of sludge and truck had no oil pressure at idle. So I dumped the RGT 5w30 and now using 20w50 GTX. Pressure is back some. I think the enginenis in borrowed time. No worries plan on getting a new engine soon.

Even the pleat with the metal seam (?) was bent ... the power of the oil flow at work.

Even the pleat with the metal seam (?) was bent ... the power of the oil flow at work.
I wonder myself why it did that? The cutters i used couldn't have done it. Couldve happen at time of manufacturing or the oil did it, who knows?

Hey man was it a Blue or black STP filter ?????

I'm thinking Blue.... Being what happened in this one.

The black premium guard filters are built with very good/solid filter media.

Better wavy than torn. My Super premium 14 dollar Filtech racing Honda filter ripped a couple pleats at the glue point.
In a Winter run in my old Nisssan Rogue. And that never got idled and it got a full warmup in a 45 minute commute, But dozens and dozens of sub freezing starts.

Is this a short tripper or with long idle times?
That's usually an indication of moisture in the oil; paper does OK with just oil - just not water and oil.

I guess it makes a case for synthetic and fibreglass media. instead of majority wood pulp and cotton rag.

are these old Pre-Fram Champion Labs?

Remember this Champion Labs brand that was popular in the 70's and 80's :

lee  maxifilter.jpg

Better wavy than torn. My Super premium 14 dollar Filtech racing Honda filter ripped a couple pleats at the glue point.
In a Winter run in my old Nisssan Rogue. And that never got idled and it got a full warmup in a 45 minute commute, But dozens and dozens of sub freezing starts.

That's usually an indication of moisture in the oil; paper does OK with just oil - just not water and oil.

I guess it makes a case for synthetic and fibreglass media. instead of majority wood pulp and cotton rag.

View attachment 48523

I didn’t know that Lee was made by Champion. They were really cheap though.

Is this regular stp blue oil filter ? I’m suprise it’s have silicone adbv . I also note the one made for Ford fl820s also silicone adbv .

View attachment 48523
Lee and Fram were two best known brands back in the 70's.

Back