Store brand rear drums/shoes?

I just picked up a 2009 Toyota Yaris 5 speed and got a look at the brakes. The fronts appear almost new but the rears are shot...they need to be changed out now. I was just considering getting store brand drums and shoes and have no idea which .
are better/worse. Pricing is comparable ( and very reasonable) so that's not an issue. Available choices are Brake best (O'Reilly's), Carquest (Advance Auto Parts/Carquest), and Duralast (Auto Zone). All have them in stock... important since we'd like to get them done this weekend. Any experience/recommendations on these in-house selections?

Get coated drums if you can :)

Those house brands are probably the same. Even if you can't get them done this weekend and have to wait another week, it's worth ordering Powerstop or Wagner coated drums. Non-coated drums will rust overnight.

Unfortunately, Bendix doesn't offer pre-assembled shoes for your Yaris. However, Centric shoes seem to be GG. Another good choice is these MK Kashiyama shoes made in Japan.

You probably need new wheel cylinders. Get Advics.

Not a huge fan of aftermarket shoes. Poor fitment, crappy e-brake performance, etc. Buy from dealer. If the drums are within spec, just reuse them. My luck with aftermarket drums has been very poor; every since pair I have purchased is either out-of-round or so poorly machined that the shoes click.

Get coated drums if you can :)

Those house brands are probably the same. Even if you can't get them done this weekend and have to wait another week, it's worth ordering Powerstop or Wagner coated drums. Non-coated drums will rust overnight.

Unfortunately, Bendix doesn't offer pre-assembled shoes for your Yaris. However, Centric shoes seem to be GG. Another good choice is these MK Kashiyama shoes made in Japan.

You probably need new wheel cylinders. Get Advics.
He doesn't need the aftermarket parts cannon fired.

I used the ~$100 Powerstop kit from RockAuto when I did the drums and shoes on my Prius and they're fine. Came with all the hardware/springs and coated drums. I like getting the hardware kit because I don't have to worry about the springs entering low earth orbit and not being able to find them. RockAuto has the same ones for your Yaris too (link)

I've used the drums and shoes from Advance on old farm trucks before and they get the job done. Not like the rears do a ton of braking.

Aftermarket drums suck. They often arent round and hot spot easily which makes the brakes drag. If it needs drums use OE drums. Toyota shoes are usually reasonably priced as well

From what I have seen, store brands are about the same among different brand but their "tier" tends to be on whether they were coated or painted and warranty length.

Since you are in Michigan I'd buy the ones that comes painted or with coating to reduce corrosion, and lifetime warranty if you go store brands. If you are not worried about warranty and want quality OEM is always better, are they coated?

Thanks, guys...I was correct in my assumption that the store brands are junk (you'd think they would have insisted on some degree of quality on the units by now but are apparently happy with selling them despite the poor quality). The Power stop units sound like a good compromise from RockAuto that JRed suggested...will give them a try.

Back