Stopped by the GMC dealer today

CA gas prices? Here everyone complains about gas prices yet we have teo hour drive thru lines at In n’out.
Mine averages 15.xx with mostly city driving lately. Friend’s 19 Pilot averages 19.xx in city driving. Most non-hybrid Pilot/Highlander/minivans average high teens anyway, so the gap isn’t as significant as you are led to believe.

That's what I've heard from my friend that works at Chevy - demand still there, prices through the roof, and no end in sight. This particular dealership I really like because they are not marking up their cars above MSRP, and they very well could.

Mine averages 15.xx with mostly city driving lately. Friend’s 19 Pilot averages 19.xx in city driving. Most non-hybrid Pilot/Highlander/minivans average high teens anyway, so the gap isn’t as significant as you are led to believe.
Oh yeah, I mean mine is doing 17-19mpg when I drive it in the city.
Was think people are going for PHEV.

If you have two kids, there are very few PHEV options that are large enough.
Is new Sienna PHEV or classic hybrid? Or other hybrids in general.
Also, if we didn’t do long trips I would ditch Sienna in no time. So, maybe people are downsizing. 99% of trucks in my neighborhood see less work then my BMW. $6 a gallon might make people rethink.

Is new Sienna PHEV or classic hybrid? Or other hybrids in general.
Also, if we didn’t do long trips I would ditch Sienna in no time. So, maybe people are downsizing. 99% of trucks in my neighborhood see less work then my BMW. $6 a gallon might make people rethink.
Classic hybrid. Utility is reduced with the new one compared to what you have.

I see lots of new Tahoe/Suburban’s in my neighborhood. And other mid/large SUV’s. Not seeing any signs of downsizing at all.

Price is set by the market, regardless. In general, the dealer is not your friend, they are your supplier and are in business to make money.
And MSRP is just a number; it may or may not be the price. I don't get the hangup on MSRP.

Kinda glad I am not currently in the market for vehicle, but I probably will be within the next year.
Good luck to those that need new wheels now.

Price is set by the market, regardless. In general, the dealer is not your friend, they are your supplier and are in business to make money.
And MSRP is just a number; it may or may not be the price. I don't get the hangup on MSRP.

Kinda glad I am not currently in the market for vehicle, but I probably will be within the next year.
I get hung up the MSRP when there are more dollars over the MSRP. When things normalize (and they will) there is a not a KBB category of "I paid over MSRP" if you wish to get rid of/trade in said vehicle you "over paid" for. And then there are the loans most people take out I won't even get in to.

I get hung up the MSRP when there are more dollars over the MSRP. When things normalize (and they will) there is a not a KBB category of "I paid over MSRP" if you wish to get rid of/trade in said vehicle you "over paid" for. And then there are the loans most people take out I won't even get in to.
Yep. It will ne like the days of the PT CRUISER when people were paying 15 to 20% over MSRP because they “just had to have one”. I was selling cars at the time, and 3 years later when people were trying to trade them in, they were giving them 8 grand. Most still owed 15k -20k plus. It was a travesty. I feel bad for people that have to buy a car during these times. They are going to be stuck in them full term. Now the people that are buying and paying just because they can? Well…… they’re part of the problem. Toilet paper and cars….. toilet paper and cars….

Yep. It will ne like the days of the PT CRUISER when people were paying 15 to 20% over MSRP because they “just had to have one”. I was selling cars at the time, and 3 years later when people were trying to trade them in, they were giving them 8 grand. Most still owed 15k -20k plus. It was a travesty. I feel bad for people that have to buy a car during these times. They are going to be stuck in them full term. Now the people that are buying and paying just because they can? Well…… they’re part of the problem. Toilet paper and cars….. toilet paper and cars….
Yep-the PT cruiser and the last generation Ford T-bird were great examples of over paying.

I agree here.

In the current market, if you have a trade-in, you are most likely going to get more for it. So if your trade-in would normally be worth $10K, and now you get $15K, but the new car is $40K MSRP firm, you end up with a price after trade of $25K.

In the "old days", you would get the $10K for your trade-in and maybe $5K off of the $40K MSRP, bringing the price after trade down to $25K.

Same end result, different way of getting there.

The current market is really only hurting buyers who have no trade-in, and no down payment, and then finance for 72-84 months on top of it. Buyers with a trade-in who pay MSRP, or without a trade who can put 20-30% down, are really no worse off than the "old days".

This price gouging is gonna continue for the foreseeable future unfortunately. The dealers by Huntington Long island empire auto group is charging over MSRP and they like take or leave it. We’ll find another sucker smh

There are a couple of GM dealers in this area posting prices on their website above MSRP, however the vast majority of dealers across all brands are at MSRP or very slightly below (such as offering $250 below MSRP.) Not a huge discount by any means, but there are some enterprising dealers who see the benefit of offering a minimal discount if it drives additional traffic to their store. Throwing a $250 discount on a $40K car does virtually nothing to their bottom line, but may be viewed as a "win" to someone needing a new car and disgusted at the idea of paying MSRP.

It won't be long and consumers will be saying "remember in 2022 when the cars and trucks were insanely overpriced?" Hahahahahahaha. If you don't absolutely want or need a vehicle just hang on tight because vehicles have never been an investment.

Try gettin a new Vette...
Yes for sure. Those new Corvettes are insanely overpriced. The problem is in a short amount of time they will be tomorrow's C4. You can buy a nearly mint condition used C4 for under $10,000 or C5 Corvette any day for $17,000 or less with very low miles. People get a little crazy or have too much money to throw away.

My local Subaru is MSRP as well but want you to lock in one that is coming in as none are on the lot

They are secretly telling you not to buy one; I am blatantly telling you not to buy one.

Wait! I didnt mean that. I mean ... I have a gently used 2021 I would let go for $24K ...

Cereal !

They are secretly telling you not to buy one; I am blatantly telling you not to buy one.

Wait! I didnt mean that. I mean ... I have a gently used 2021 I would let go for $24K ...

Cereal !
I told my saleslady that the motor was agricultural...she laughed and did not argue... That was the big shocker for me when I turned the key......what????

Just Rode in my friend's Silverado extended cab fancy truck. What a piece of junk! Wobbly, floppy frame bending and vibrating
brakes juddering. It was nicely waxed and detailed though.
Disgusting.

I loved my 2005? Short Box STD Cab 5 speed MT 4WD w/t . $17,900 out the door brand new.

That thing out jeeped jeep.

Back