Stoner's Invisible Glass wand cleaning tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not having any luck with this thing. I'm using it with my favorite IG cleaner and it is streaking the glass on everything I use it on. I have tried both microfiber cleaning heads in the package.

Anyone else having issues with cleaning their auto glass and it leaving streaks behind?

RL

Invisible glass is the only thing I can use. Anything else leaves streaks. It will periodically leave streaks as well, I just keep spraying/wiping until its streak free.

I have heard that tool isn't the greatest thing in the world. Get yourself a good MF towel, give the towel a quick spray on one side (folded) with the glass cleaner, wipe the window and the give it a final wipe using the opposite dry, clean side.

Using a clean MF towel with Meguiar's D-Line Glass Cleaner, I have not once ever had a streak on my windows.

Last edited:
I got 8 bottle of Stoners IG at Advance Auto a while back for .99 cents/bottle. It works well for me.

I got the gallon of Megs glass cleaner and like that equally as well. I may give some of the bottles of SIG to my g'f and or relatives, think after all the SIG is gone gonna stick with the megs glass cleaner

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
I have heard that tool isn't the greatest thing in the world. Get yourself a good MF towel, give the towel a quick spray on one side (folded) with the glass cleaner, wipe the window and the give it a final wipe using the opposite dry, clean side.

Using a clean MF towel with Meguiar's D-Line Glass Cleaner, I have not once ever had a streak on my windows.

Yeah, I may bring it back. I'm not impresed. I cleaned some glass today with one of my MF towels that came in a 24 pack from Sam's and I found it to work much better.
It must be that the MF towel that wraps to the head of the wand just isn't thick enough, or maybe gets too saturated in cleaner.

I bought a 12 pak of micro fiber towels. I tried drying my windows with it after using IG. Not bad not bad at all. When the sun hits the windows in the morning as I back out of the garage it reveals the slightest mistakes.

Try using a clean cotton t shirt soaked in PLAIN TAP WATER, and rung out, on the interior glass first. This will remove the haze caused by the sun drawing the chemicals out of the interior plastics,which gets deposited on your glass. Then follow this with your favorite cleaning/polishing method. The glass cleaning chemicals can't really do a good enough job of disolving this gunk, so it just gets smeared around on your windows!

I dont have the stoners version tool but one just like It I suppose, I use IG too and really have no isses but I dont clean my windows in direct hot sunlight either so mayeb that helps.

I had the one called Glass Wizard and it's new name is Trash Wizard. I'm irked at myself for paying $20 for it, and then seeing it at the same Drug-Mart on clearance a couple months later. I didn't make the connection until I'd used it a couple more times.
06.gif

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just use to being able to turn over a MF towel to a clean side to get a nice dry swipe. Can't do that with the Stoner's IG wand. Wish I would have kept my receipt to return the aggravating thing.

I can be rather OCD when it comes to having any streaks on the inside of my windshield.

So am I. It's aggravating with streaks and smears scattering the oncoming headlights. I washed the impala today and my wife was like "why are you getting so picky about the water spots and the inside of the windows?" On the way home from her mom's I pointed out that we were not getting blinded. She agreed with that.

Originally Posted By: RacerE7773
So am I. It's aggravating with streaks and smears scattering the oncoming headlights. I washed the impala today and my wife was like "why are you getting so picky about the water spots and the inside of the windows?" On the way home from her mom's I pointed out that we were not getting blinded. She agreed with that.

Nice one! Sometimes you have to break things down and simplify it for them. My wife still does not understand why I like to wash and wax her 08 Altima. She says its still new, the paint looks fine, and doesn't need all the TLC. We bought it in Feb 2008. I swear.........

I have the invisible glass wand, it works pretty well with Sprayway's glass cleaner. my saturn relay van is very hard to reach forward!

I have yet to find a glass cleaner (even when using just water or vinegar and water) that doesn't steak. The best way I've found to get rid of the steaks is the let the window dry completely and come back later and wipe it with a clean, dry microfiber cloth.

Originally Posted By: matt4270
Try using a clean cotton t shirt soaked in PLAIN TAP WATER, and rung out, on the interior glass first. This will remove the haze caused by the sun drawing the chemicals out of the interior plastics,which gets deposited on your glass. Then follow this with your favorite cleaning/polishing method. The glass cleaning chemicals can't really do a good enough job of disolving this gunk, so it just gets smeared around on your windows!

I have to try this on my cavalier. I swear taht car can fog a windshield overnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back