Stone Mountain GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday we drove all way down to Stone Mountain GA. I had not been there since i was 13 in 1992. Laser show now: awesome as was 35th anniversary of it
smile.gif

View from top you can see Atlanta skyline too. Cross that off my bucket list. I HIGHLY recommend visiting Stone Mountain GA

I highly recommend it also, and a must to stay for the laser light show against the engravings, relief.

Stone Mountain Georgia, also was where the founding of the Ku Klux Klan, then years later, in modern times, they elected a black mayor! What a slap in the face!!!

I’ve been there a couple of times. It’s worth the visit. By the way, the Ku Klux Klan was founded after the Civil War (1860s) and Stone Mountain didn’t figure into it. There were some rallies held there during the mid-Twentieth Century.

Originally Posted By: car51
Monday we drove all way down to Stone Mountain GA. I had not been there since i was 13 in 1992. Laser show now: awesome as was 35th anniversary of it
smile.gif

View from top you can see Atlanta skyline too. Cross that off my bucket list. I HIGHLY recommend visiting Stone Mountain GA

There's a big trail down the side of the mountain. Did you go?

We were there in high school and again in November of last year. I think I might have gotten a picture of the phone pole with all the gum stuck to it. It’s gone though. Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back