Stocking up on Post Katrina Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was at Costco the other day and there was a lady loading up her Jeep liberty with about 30 (6qt) cases of Mobil 1 10W30 and 5W30. It appeared to be the post Katrina stuff. Does she know something we don't know? Is Mobil 1 Post Katrina the new GC?

Considering I've been stocking up on four-to-five quarts per week of the pre-Katrina Mobil 1, this is not something I want to hear about. Seriously though, the only place I can now get API-badged Mobil 1 is at a new Advanced Auto about fifteen miles from me. Everyone else is either stocking the new stuff (Advanced, Autozone, Pepboys) or has empty shelves (Walmart). The 5w-30 grade (both Mobil 1 and Castrol Syntec) is really depleted at just about everywhere I shop.

Go to the VOA thread about Katrina blend Mobil 1 5w-30. It appears to be ABOUT the same as the Pre-Katrina oil with some small differences. Will it be in short supply in the future? Jeez I hope not! Lukey

I'm not going crazy about this. I have two oil changes ahead or about 10,000 miles worth. I seriouly doubt that Katrina oil would kill any engine. It may reduce my engine life from 250,000 miles to 245,000 though.

She probably owns a small store or business like a garage. Lots of small stores buy their oil at places like Wal-mart, Costcp, ect, then resell it at a higher cost.

WOW; before these really large stashes of oil are used up we will have a new set of specs and better oils availiable. I'm glad I have only one year of stock ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.