Stock order time, help pick

So pricing has been coming in pretty regularly since the latest API service rating. Two that have me wanting to try are the newest Motorcraft 5w30 blend and the Mobil Special 5w30 in SP rating.
The Special is $413.15 for a 55 gal drum while the Motorcraft is $530.25. I know the Mobil will probably suit us just fine but I like Motorcraft at $2.41 a quart. For the low bid they also have a product called Premier lubricants synthetic blend for $392.32 a drum. What do ya’ll think?

Last edited:
Is this for a repair company? Fleet type repair? A recognizable name brand is good for the customers.

Is this for a repair company? Fleet type repair? A recognizable name brand is good for the customers.
Local government fleet maintenance facility. Lots of Ford truck and police cars. Dump trucks and trash trucks. Also off road construction equipment

Local government fleet maintenance facility. Lots of Ford truck and police cars. Dump trucks and trash trucks. Also off road construction equipment
In house repairs so probably name brand recognition wouldn't matter.

I was going to say the MC oil might be a selling point for ford owners, but since this is a "captive audience" ...

They are both good oils, but... 20%....

In that case, get the Premier Lubricants blend for cheap. If the data on their website is accurate, it's a fine product.

Heck, I might order myself a drum at that price. It meets SP, I don't care what brand it is. I'm using "Harvest King" branded oil out of 5 gallon buckets because it was cheaper than getting 55 gallon drums delivered

I was going to say the MC oil might be a selling point for ford owners, but since this is a "captive audience" ...

They are both good oils, but... 20%....
20% less for a mobil product that meets both ford specs and API SP. It take the 115 dollars off.
1605839429801.png

Back