STILL trying to find the right oil for 02 Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 2002 sentra 1.8 4 years ago when it has 18k miles. Now I have almost 150k miles and I've tried all kinds of oil...

Lately I've used GC 0W30... then tried Amsoil 0W30, then I mixed 50/50 Amsoil 0W30 with PP 5W20.. I don't think my car liked it too much so this morning I removed some of the oil and added Rotella T 5W40 to thicken up the mixture a little.

My car seems to like oils in the 11 to 14 cSt range at 100C.. but I want something that is as thin as possible at start-up, most of my oils are above 60cSt at 40C and I want something thinner.

If it helps, here is my latest oil analysis, since this I have added subaru coolant conditioner.
oilreportpaint2.jpg

Last edited:
If it was my Sentra, I would treat it like I did my 97 Sentra, Mobil 1 5w-30. You can substitute any other synthetic over my choice of M-1. When I had (because I wanted to) to trade it in on my Jetta TDI wagon, it still ran like new with 125,000 miles. I ran the M-1 for 6,000 miles per change.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
worry more about the headgasket leak. run dino, change every 3k. nuff said

it's a tiny leak, and I put subaru coolant conditioner in it, should be more than good enough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back