still trying ...my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG

Nice ride!! I was a T-Bird driver back in my teen years. I drove an 84 that was a hand me down from my parents. When I was 17 I got a 89 LX V-6, it was so nice with the digital dash and power everything. I wanted a Supercoupe or a V-8 one, but I opted for a Contour V-6 5-Speed(FWD is alot nicer in the wintertime), It was only .3 secs slower in the quarter mile than a SC, but you could mod those SC's alot easier.

Eric

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpot01:
Nice ride!! I was a T-Bird driver back in my teen years. I drove an 84 that was a hand me down from my parents. When I was 17 I got a 89 LX V-6, it was so nice with the digital dash and power everything. I wanted a Supercoupe or a V-8 one, but I opted for a Contour V-6 5-Speed(FWD is alot nicer in the wintertime), It was only .3 secs slower in the quarter mile than a SC, but you could mod those SC's alot easier.

Eric

------------------

thanks; I really like the SC, too. the only reason I wanted a 96/97 was that in those years Ford was able to get rid of almost all the bugs they had. (T-bird still had a bunch of them up to 95). 96/97 came with 4-wheel discs standard, and my 97 bird has a bunch of extras, too: auto lamp, moonroof, auto Climtae control, sport package, etc...still I crave for an SC..once in a while.

My bird will have 100k in a month or so.

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpot01:

Eric

Eric, a friend of mine in college had an SC with a 5 speed. He changed the gears to 3.73, and changed the supercharger pulley. He was outrunning 5.0 Mustangs with no problem. Man, I can remember when 5.0 Mustangs were considered fast, I must be getting old
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by joee12:

Eric, a friend of mine in college had an SC with a 5 speed. He changed the gears to 3.73, and changed the supercharger pulley. He was outrunning 5.0 Mustangs with no problem. Man, I can remember when 5.0 Mustangs were considered fast, I must be getting old
wink.gif

Hehe, me too. My 87 5.0 Mustang ran 14.70 at 95mph when stock, and I thought that was fast. But all 3 of my f-bodies (95TA, 98 Formula, 95 Formula) ran 13.68 to 13.94 bone stock, and my 98 Corvette has run a 13.23 at 105 so far (and I know it'll run 12s in good air)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back