Still More Lithium Ion Goodness

Probably cheap Chinese batteries where cost, not performance or safety, was the driving force in their construction.

Probably cheap Chinese batteries where cost, not performance or safety, was the driving force in their construction.
You mean just like the other 80% they manufacture worldwide?

"China is by far the leader in the battery race with nearly 80% of global Li-ion manufacturing capacity. The country also dominates other parts of the battery supply chain, including the mining and refining of battery minerals like lithium and graphite."

You mean just like the other 80% they manufacture worldwide?

"China is by far the leader in the battery race with nearly 80% of global Li-ion manufacturing capacity. The country also dominates other parts of the battery supply chain, including the mining and refining of battery minerals like lithium and graphite."

And part of the reason for that is that they are the worlds largest automobile market and around 13% of China vehicle sales are electric. The electric demand is very high there.

They may be leaders in EV and car batteries but I seriously doubt that an E-bike battery is on the same level as a car lithium battery. I would put them in the same category as counterfeit spark plugs!

They may be leaders in EV and car batteries but I seriously doubt that an E-bike battery is on the same level as a car lithium battery. I would put them in the same category as counterfeit spark plugs!

Two different things. Bikes are hugely popular in Asia so the E bike is a smart addition to the lineup.

Two different things. Bikes are hugely popular in Asia so the E bike is a smart addition to the lineup.

Are they engineered to be as cheap as possible? (By the sort of people that would leave a 10 cent thermal protector out of a hair dryer because it works just fine without one?)

On a positive note at least that's less e-bikes to deal with on the road, lmao... Lithium can be quite volatile regardless of safety precautions incorporated.

It took Boeing a long time to get it right.

I've had Makita lithium cordless tool batteries for about a decade have hundreds of deep cycles on them - never a problem.

I only care about "green" when it makes business sense.

Back