Still haven't received my UOA kit from Blaskstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know bout you guys but I have ALWAYS gotten my UOAs back the very day the UPS said my sample would arrive. That's been 3 times in a row now. UPS said my package would arrive around 12:00pm and I got my UOA in e-mail by 1:30pm. Pretty crazy
tongue.gif

I've heard of a LOT of problems with USPS though. I think they put these samples on hold for security. Check previous posts here about problems some people have had with usps - it works for some people though.

My first request took a long time. Maybe a month. After I sent in my first sample they sent me two more kits in about a week. I think they just send out kits to existing customers before they send them out to noobies. Makes sense.

Back40, what oil are you sending in? I'm assuming it's from your Taco?

I returned a sample a while back and requested one in the mail. I got two kits together and then a week later another one arrived.

It took several weeks for the sample to get to them through USPS though for whatever reason.

when you have to start using UPS or fedex to deliver UOA samples, I'll be exiting the UOA sending business.

I have sent probly 4 oil samples to BStone from Ontario Canada over the past year. All arrived in good time with prompt analyses coming back by email. BUT my most recent sample was mailed to Blackstone almost one month ago. But BStone has responded that they have not yet received it
dunno.gif
. Of course I should always take *two* samples each time that I plan a UOA. And this particular sample was to hopefully show that repairs to remedy a fuel dilution problem have been successful.

I asked twice or maybe even three times...never got a kit That is as many chances as they get.

The sad reality is that USPS sucks for sending oil samples. Not telling you what do to and I make NO commission on the kits, but Amsoil prepaid UPS kits are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

I've never had a problem with the Post Office. I just use 1st class postage ..the lady at the counter asks me if liquid is in it. I say "Yes" ..she then asks if it's hazardous ..I say "No"...off it goes for (I think) $1.38 ..done deal.

But getting my first UOA kit did take a long time. Now they send 4 at a time ..I guess to get it over with for a while
dunno.gif

I stopped using the USPS to send in the sample. It would take more then three weeks to arrive there. It was probably sitting in the corner of the Post Office waiting for a Hazmat team to check it out before they shipped it to Blackstone.

I just sent my last sample via Fedex. I get a discount through work. It was signed for at 12:00pm, and they emailed my results at 1:30pm. You can't get better service then that.

I've sent several samples from two different local post offices, and not once have I been questioned about what the heck it is or what's inside. That surprises me- I still always keep Blackstone's "this is not hazardous material" letter in my back pocket when I drop them off just in case. I also generally get my results within a couple days (knock on wood- I've got a sample en route as we speak, and I expect results tomorrow). I always wrap electrical tape around the cover on the outer black bottle too, just in case- don't know if that would make USPS feel better or worse regarding security, but it seems to work. Once BK labs knows that you will actually pay to get the analysis done, I've found them to be quite liberal with sample kits. I must have a dozen laying around.

I am tired of waiting too. I am now looking for another assay lab. Any suggestions? I would be more than happy to prepay if that would speed things up.

Please consider our new Premium kit.

Order and pay here www.dysonanalysis.com click on services and the premium option.

Will drop ship the kit as soon as you order/pay.

The Blackstone "free" kit deal is just a sample kit package not the cost of the actual analysis.

None of our customers who order the Blackstone/Dyson co-op kits have complained thus far.

Terry
smile.gif

quote:

I asked twice or maybe even three times...never got a kit That is as many chances as they get.

Same here.
dunno.gif
This is the 4th time I asked for a kit.

quote:

I think they just send out kits to existing customers before they send them out to noobies.

I'm still waiting for my kit so I can do a VOA of Honda 5w20 oil and this will be my first time doing an oil analysis. I'm sure they are just back ordered with requests for kits.

I hear you guys.
It took me more than 2 months to receive the "Free Kit" after my first request.
However when you send the sample in, you'll get the replacement kit without a delay.
I guess the problem is that they reserve the kits for the existing customers first.
The remaining stock if any, goes out to the non-customers.
Just keep sending the requests. Eventually you'll get the kit.
BTW Blackstone were always very fast in getting back the results.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by CMT:
I also generally get my results within a couple days (knock on wood- I've got a sample en route as we speak, and I expect results tomorrow).

Guess I should have knocked a little harder- still waiting......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back