Still Another Mobil 0w-20 Oil -- What Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ToyotaCorolla04
How about M1 AFE? I don't see that on any of the above lists...

As I understand, AFE is just regular M1. The lower grades 0w16, 0w20, and 0w30 are branded differently.

Still excellent oils.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by ToyotaCorolla04
How about M1 AFE? I don't see that on any of the above lists...

As I understand, AFE is just regular M1. The lower grades 0w16, 0w20, and 0w30 are branded differently.

Still excellent oils.

^^^^^ This.

It took me a bit to parse out the logic (and I only got there discussing it with others here), but the "Advanced Fuel Economy"/AFE line is just the original two 0w oils from the "mainline" or "vanilla" Mobil 1 oils. Of course, 0w-16 is a late comer (we'll probably see 0w-8 added to them before long).

For whatever reason, EM chooses not to use the AFE nomenclature in the MSDS pages they post on line. I have no idea why they do that (maybe they've been reading too much Sun Tzu and they're trying to strategically mislead their "enemies"/competition. . .). Also an open question (at least for this amateur): whether they made any substantial changes to the formulation when they decided to label the mainline 0w-X oils as AFE, or whether it's nothing more than changing the bottle's paint job.

Originally Posted by eljefino

Look at Pennzoil dumping all their extra gas-to-liquid synthetic base stocks in "regular" Pennzoil just to get rid of it. XOM may be meeting different price points because they have the ability to do so.

This is an interesting comment... just curious .. Is Pennzoil about to unveil a new formulation...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back